Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2021+ IS350 electrical parking brake piston retraction

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-23, 09:06 PM
Lettucik
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2021+ IS350 electrical parking brake piston retraction

This is intended for stock RWD 2021+ is350

So I wanted to change my rear brake pads, but I couldn't figure out if there was a way to disengage the parking brakes from inside the car, and I couldn't figure out how to retract the piston so we could fit the new brake pads in (yes the parking brake was off), so I did a little youtube search and found this video for an RX350. The RX350 had an identical electrical parking brake to the IS350 so I figured to try and it worked. I attached a picture of what you need to remove before starting. Also once you're finished, make sure to turn ur parking brake on and off, and to pump the brakes a couple of times to have the piston compress the brake pads again. Took me 20 mins on each side.

Also if you don't have a mobile battery like in the video, just connect jumper cables to your vehicle's battery and attach wires with small enough clamps to the jumper cables and be safe.

Video link:

If anyone knows how to do this from the cockpit please let me know lol.

Remove the two bolts (they aren't in the pic but behind the piece that the arrows are pointing at) and unplug the electrical parking brake.
Old 05-24-24, 03:15 PM
matt3104
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This worked on my 2021 awd IS300

Press the ignition twice without stepping on the brake. Then within 8 seconds, pull on the parking brake switch 3 times, then push it 3 times. Your parking brake light on the dash will start flashing. Now with the parking break already released hold down the parking brake release until you hear it retract again.
Old 05-30-24, 09:10 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Lettucik
This is intended for stock RWD 2021+ is350

So I wanted to change my rear brake pads, but I couldn't figure out if there was a way to disengage the parking brakes from inside the car, and I couldn't figure out how to retract the piston so we could fit the new brake pads in (yes the parking brake was off), so I did a little youtube search and found this video for an RX350. The RX350 had an identical electrical parking brake to the IS350 so I figured to try and it worked. I attached a picture of what you need to remove before starting. Also once you're finished, make sure to turn ur parking brake on and off, and to pump the brakes a couple of times to have the piston compress the brake pads again. Took me 20 mins on each side.

Also if you don't have a mobile battery like in the video, just connect jumper cables to your vehicle's battery and attach wires with small enough clamps to the jumper cables and be safe.

Video link: https://youtu.be/6UTF5kV5VUI

If anyone knows how to do this from the cockpit please let me know lol.

Remove the two bolts (they aren't in the pic but behind the piece that the arrows are pointing at) and unplug the electrical parking brake.
Originally Posted by matt3104
Press the ignition twice without stepping on the brake. Then within 8 seconds, pull on the parking brake switch 3 times, then push it 3 times. Your parking brake light on the dash will start flashing. Now with the parking break already released hold down the parking brake release until you hear it retract again.
People, unfortunately this is the wrong forum for this content but is is very good information.

Thanks for sharing!

#4IS Rear brake pad replacement