Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz swap question (searched-all pictures dead and no archives!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-18, 11:48 AM
Tlaurin3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz swap question (searched-all pictures dead and no archives!)

Hello everyone, I'm about to start up the wiring for the 1jz non vvti post 1/1994 swap into a 1993 sc300 for my buddy. I've got it almost all figured out except for the check engine light circuit.

I see that I need to grab wire 19 from the IK1 connector and hook it up to pin 9 of the IK2 connector to complete the circuit for the check engine light. My issue is on the jzz30 body plug it goes to a catalytic temp situation so I do not know where to put that wire. I'm going through the sc300 wiring diagram and wilbo pinout and I'm having a good amount of difficulty locating all of this. Can anyone tell me what I need to connect that to?

Also, how can i pull the codes when this is done? Are the diagnostic connectors good to use after this? Can someone please tell me what pins to jump? I appreciate everything! I will try to make a video and picture heavy post when I'm complete as I will start this tomorrow after work.

I also hope to post soon asking how to wire things up correctly for the A.C. it's going to be a bear since the fuse box connectors are different.

again guys, please and thank you. I've been reading and bookmarking and promoting everything outbin anticipation for this and I just wanna get my buddy rolling again.
Old 09-15-18, 03:55 PM
Tlaurin3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok so it's the catalyst temperature sensor. Does the sc300 even have one?

Ok so it's the catalyst temperature sensor. Does the 1993 sc300 have one? I haven't found one in the tsrm...