high pressure power steering hose - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

high pressure power steering hose

Old 11-12-17, 09:52 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Default high pressure power steering hose

Have anyone replaced their high pressure power steering hose?If so what was the cost for the hose and where is the best place to purchase it from.Thanks
Old 11-12-17, 08:42 PM
BiGEZ
Lead Lap

I had mine rebuilt at my local hydraulic hose shop, cost me $60.00. They reused the ends and high quality hose, no issues after 3 years. I recently had them rebuild one for my SC400. AutoZone quoted me $175. special order the told me they were unable to get it. You can try RockAuto.com if you can't find a local shop.
Old 11-13-17, 07:40 PM
RXRodger
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by matrixgts View Post
Have anyone replaced their high pressure power steering hose?If so what was the cost for the hose and where is the best place to purchase it from.Thanks
Driftmotion sells one for around $60, includes the fittings you need. Easy fix, maybe 5 or 10 min job.
Old 11-14-17, 01:33 AM
KahnBB6

I think I changed my high and low pressure OEM hoses with new ones. I ordered mine from Lexus of Pembroke Pines (online) at the time.

The Driftmotion hose will work but it's not exactly the same if you compare OEM to their simple hose. I would have your original rebuilt at a pressure hose shop if you can't get the OEM part any longer. There is no reason to throw away the original assembly if all it needs is to have its rubber hose and pressure fittings replaced.
Old 11-14-17, 07:43 PM
RXRodger
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KahnBB6 View Post
The Driftmotion hose will work but it's not exactly the same if you compare OEM to their simple hose. I would have your original rebuilt at a pressure hose shop if you can't get the OEM part any longer. There is no reason to throw away the original assembly if all it needs is to have its rubber hose and pressure fittings replaced.
But it works just fine, it actually is better than the OEM hose.
Old 11-20-17, 05:33 PM
Returd
Pole Position

got mine from rockauto for SC400.

It's two piece. Be cautious not to introduce any twist to the hose as it substantially reduces hose life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: