SC400 Seat Stuck - replacement or alternatives? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 Seat Stuck - replacement or alternatives?

Old 08-12-17, 07:44 AM   #1
ALISC400
Driver School Candidate

Default SC400 Seat Stuck - replacement or alternatives?

Hello everyone.

Okay well two issues and a couple of problems. A month or so ago I had my SC400 '93 passenger seat get stuck on one side.
The motor seems to be working on the right side which moves back and forth BUT the left side seems to be jammed? The seat moves to one side and its like the leather/seat is being pressed towards the center console.

Now I did search and I know about the gear issue however I took out the seat, found that the gear is gone PLUS the seat motor doesn't seem to be working.
Well for now, I was thinking would the LS400 (92-96?) seat switch out with current seats, would there be a rail issue? Would the seat actually move forward and tilt forward as I sometimes have rear passengers?

Or would AFTERMARKET seats be a better option? What would fit without sacrificing the whole power seat features? If it had to be my last resort, I wouldn't mind the passenger seat being manual as long as it can tilt forward to allow rear passengers through.

Any help would be much appreciated.
ALISC400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-17, 11:43 AM   #2
Returd
Pole Position

I'd head to a yard and find replacement parts for the motor/track/etc
Returd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 07:40 AM   #3
t2d2
Lexus Champion

The gear is gone? I'm not sure what that means.

Usually, when one side moves but not the other, it means you've lost the little hex head white plastic cap on one side. If it's missing, it doesn't keep the shaft in place, which I guess keeps the motor from being able to turn anything.

LS400 seats wouldn't be compatible without modification, as far as I know. MKIV Supra seats are the only ones that share the SC's bolt pattern. There are aftermarket seat brackets that would fit with racing style seats.
t2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote