Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Egr vacuum lines SC300

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-17, 01:57 PM
Diegolazo5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egr vacuum lines SC300

Thank You, I already have a egr system diagram but I cannot fully understand where each and every vacuum hose goes into.
If anyone has some images from their own cars that would be awesome.

I just changed the spark plugs, wireset, cap and rotor. I also have another issue with a rattle noise coming from around the throttle body ( started before I did the tune up). anyone ever run into this problem and have and ideas or solutions feel free to let me know thank you.

By the way, I spent about an hour searching here on club lexus threads and google but no look on good images.
Old 07-31-17, 03:58 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,225 Likes on 860 Posts

Diegolazo5, what areas of the EGR system do you need pictures of? And what year 1992-1997 SC300 (and emissions type) do you have? I assume you have a model originally equipped for CA emissions?

I am not sure what the throttle body rattle could be. The only moving parts in there are the throttle plate with external sensor, the TRAC plate (if you car has traction control), and the Intake Air Control Valve... which itself doesn't really move other than a very small internal mechanism. There is also the "Dashpot" but that shouldn't develop a rattle.

Is it just the hoses closest to the EGR valve and EGR vacuum modulator that you're having trouble with? The EGR VSV (vacuum switching valve) is located closer to the front of the intake manifold near the edge of the large cast aluminum "Y" intake section that goes between the plenum from the cylinder head and the actual throttle body. The lines connecting that go to a steel vac line section bolted to the underside of the "Y" intake section and then rubber hoses connect from that to the rear of the engine to the EGR parts.