Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Loss of Power, Bad Idle 92 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-17, 12:32 PM
LoudonMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of Power, Bad Idle 92 SC400

Having been sick for a while, I have not driven my SC400 for about three months. The battery was bad, and I replaced it, as it was about 5 years old. It started right up, and has a low/rough idle. I drove it through the neighborhood, and it ran with no power. BTW, I checked for grounds, and I have a 4.8 amp parasitic draw on my battery. Pulled all fuses, and no change. Anybody run into this sort of thing before?
Old 03-12-17, 06:18 AM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any check engine light?
Old 03-12-17, 05:28 PM
LoudonMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by dogwisper
Any check engine light?
No, no check engine light. I am going to check fuel pressure tomorrow. I just replaced the fuel pump last summer. The car has zero power.
Old 03-13-17, 03:44 AM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudonMan
No, no check engine light. I am going to check fuel pressure tomorrow. I just replaced the fuel pump last summer. The car has zero power.
Two real simple problems to eliminate first. Turn the ignition to "ON" do not start car and see if Check Engine Light" comes on. If it doesn't come on at all that would indicate your ECU is shot. Just want to cover that base first it's a very common problem. If that's not it pull the ignition wire on your left coil and try starting your engine. Replace the left lead then do the same to the right side. If the car won't run with one of them removed you have a bad coil also a very common problem. Let me know what happens.
The following users liked this post:
Shajay69 (11-21-21)
Old 02-13-19, 05:50 AM
JaquanSC
Driver School Candidate

Default sc 400 rotor broken to bits after I made a u turn

Originally Posted by LoudonMan
Having been sick for a while, I have not driven my SC400 for about three months. The battery was bad, and I replaced it, as it was about 5 years old. It started right up, and has a low/rough idle. I drove it through the neighborhood, and it ran with no power. BTW, I checked for grounds, and I have a 4.8 amp parasitic draw on my battery. Pulled all fuses, and no change. Anybody run into this sort of thing before?
I have a sc 400 I went to turn arround lost all the power do to broken rotor so I changed tht went to start the car now it back fires threw the intake and the car back fires wen pressing the gas please help
Old 02-13-19, 05:53 AM
JaquanSC
Driver School Candidate

Default Sc 400 rotor broken

Originally Posted by dogwisper
Two real simple problems to eliminate first. Turn the ignition to "ON" do not start car and see if Check Engine Light" comes on. If it doesn't come on at all that would indicate your ECU is shot. Just want to cover that base first it's a very common problem. If that's not it pull the ignition wire on your left coil and try starting your engine. Replace the left lead then do the same to the right side. If the car won't run with one of them removed you have a bad coil also a very common problem. Let me know what happens.
I have a 1992 Lexus sc 400 I went to make a u turn and lost all the power cause the rotor broke to pieces bout a new one put it in now the car is backfiring threw the intake and if I start it and tap the gas it pops please help