Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Freaky Blinking Climate Control When Turn Signals On

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-16, 11:18 PM
TexRud
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Freaky Blinking Climate Control When Turn Signals On

1995 SC300 ATM:

Does anybody have any suggestions for this happening:

When I turn on the right or left signal to turn, the Climate Control front face light blinks also at the same time coordinated together.
Stops when the turn signals goes off.
Old 12-16-16, 06:26 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

Follow this:

I would say the weak link in this circuit is the AM1 connection on the ignition switch. You could try jumpering around the ignition switch and see if it still does the same thing. If it does, then it is your ignitions switch. If it doesn't, I would look for a bad ground. If you find out it's not the switch I can dig up the location of the ground these items see and post that.
Old 12-18-16, 01:40 PM
TexRud
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXRodger
Follow this:

I would say the weak link in this circuit is the AM1 connection on the ignition switch. You could try jumpering around the ignition switch and see if it still does the same thing. If it does, then it is your ignitions switch. If it doesn't, I would look for a bad ground. If you find out it's not the switch I can dig up the location of the ground these items see and post that.
You're awesome RX Rogers,
I will look for the AM!1 connection (don't know where the location AM1, but will research. If there's not any inconvenience to send me also location of the ground just in case.
"FYI:" Last nite (Saturday) drove it to shopping place about 20 miles, when looking for parking space and came to a halt with the turning signal on - my instrument cluster dimmed & climate control was blinking also along with turn signal.

RX Rogers appreciate all the help! I will find something that maybe you can use in return for your help.

Tex Rud
95 SC300 ATM.
Old 12-18-16, 06:17 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Originally Posted by TexRud
You're awesome RX Rogers,
I will look for the AM!1 connection (don't know where the location AM1, but will research. If there's not any inconvenience to send me also location of the ground just in case.
"FYI:" Last nite (Saturday) drove it to shopping place about 20 miles, when looking for parking space and came to a halt with the turning signal on - my instrument cluster dimmed & climate control was blinking also along with turn signal.

RX Rogers appreciate all the help! I will find something that maybe you can use in return for your help.

Tex Rud
95 SC300 ATM.
AM1 is one of the connections made when you turn on your ignition switch. Maybe the easiest way to check this is run a jumper wire from a known good hot wire and jumper into the power side of the fuse block at your left foot kick panel that has these fuses in it and see if you still have the issue. I would pull a fuse and see which side still has the power, put a wire in the stab and plug the fuse back in. Just one of many ways to check it, there are probably better ones.
The following users liked this post:
TexRud (01-07-17)
Old 12-23-16, 06:57 AM
tsmith1315
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tex Rud, any luck with this issue?

-Tim
Old 01-07-17, 09:58 AM
TexRud
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tsmith1315
Tex Rud, any luck with this issue?

-Tim
Apologies Tim for delay response,
its real soft now blinking Climate Control with turn signals. And I see my headlight get brighter when rpm goes up. Not a lot but noticeable.

In a way have not solved the problem, found other things which I corrected like:
one driver's side tail light bulb was burn out and barely had a very dimmed light on which was causing some ground problems.
got a New Battery (old one had one cell dead)
Over 120 days had replaced the alternator ( but it seems when checking voltage the alternator shows charging battery but only at 13.6.
When turning on all accessories (hd lights, air, etc. it drops under 13 but over 12.4)
Dreading that this alternator (Denso) might be bad also. Trying to find the best way to test it before removing and taking it to be tested.
raising the rpm goes up voltage reading to 13.56.
Old 01-08-17, 08:36 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Originally Posted by TexRud
Apologies Tim for delay response,
its real soft now blinking Climate Control with turn signals. And I see my headlight get brighter when rpm goes up. Not a lot but noticeable.

In a way have not solved the problem, found other things which I corrected like:
one driver's side tail light bulb was burn out and barely had a very dimmed light on which was causing some ground problems.
got a New Battery (old one had one cell dead)
Over 120 days had replaced the alternator ( but it seems when checking voltage the alternator shows charging battery but only at 13.6.
When turning on all accessories (hd lights, air, etc. it drops under 13 but over 12.4)
Dreading that this alternator (Denso) might be bad also. Trying to find the best way to test it before removing and taking it to be tested.
raising the rpm goes up voltage reading to 13.56.
Sounds like your alternator is working fine to me.

You asked about grounds, this is the best I could do on any connection between turn signals and climate control but not sure this is going to help much.

The following users liked this post:
TexRud (01-14-17)
Old 01-14-17, 01:18 PM
TexRud
Driver School Candidate

Hey RXRodger,

Again Thank you very much for the extra effort & assistance in sending/uploading the schematics to solve my problem. Thats a "major help"
I am catching up with all things outside office work, so now I can try to start testing / inspecting ground point to point on this wiring.
Will update if any findings.