Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Please help trouble shoot.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-16, 07:19 AM
sc300NJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help trouble shoot.

Please help. I've owned a GTE swapped sc300 since 06. Been running Bosch 1000cc injectors. And a Wolf v500 standalone ecu. (I'm sure most of you never heard of it.) my fiancé bought me a Aem v2 for my birthday. But since the ecu was swapped out. It's not reading it according to the tuner. (injectors) Besides the ecu being replaced. The sc300 and 2jzgte harness that was wired together was thrown out and replaced by a DR tweaked harness made for my ecu and car/motor. What could be causing this? My new build has been going on since MAY 8th 2015. Been to long. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-16, 07:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

who is your tuner ? strange for a tuner not to be able to tell you what is the cause of the problem aside from telling you "it's not reading it" which is a very vauge description of the problem . What does he mean by that ?

Saying that Dr. Tweak did your harness tells me it is more likely a good harness. AEM V2s are plug and play ECUs.. nothing especial with wiring harness.
Old 02-03-16, 07:37 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I have no idea so I searched, good luck lol:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ance-injectors
Old 02-03-16, 01:28 PM
sc300NJ
Pole Position

I don't wanna mention names.(yet) But their telling me the Aem v2 on the laptop is saying everything is fine. And good. (Facebook forums) People are saying it's either the ground or not enough volts etc etc. it used to work on my hack job of the two harnesses combined. Things worked just sketchy. You'd figure with new harness and computer and the same injectors it should be fine.
Old 02-03-16, 01:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Hard to help when we don't know exactly what the problem is. Is the AEM having power ? Is the AEM software registering sensor values properly ? Does it not start the car ? Injectors not being read ? Sensors not being read ? AEM software not connecting to the AEM ECU ?

Really kind a guessing here what the problem is . You don't have to mention names .. just make clear exactly what the problem is and what did the tuner say about the problem .Saying "bought an AEM and harness , now it is not reading it " is very vague . It doesn't say what the problem is. What is not reading it ? ...and what is that it not being read ?

Last edited by gerrb; 02-04-16 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-04-16, 08:34 PM
sc300NJ
Pole Position

Sorry.
The computer and ecu from my understanding is working properly. The ecu reading everything. Aem software is fine and current. It Shows injectors. But They tried swapping different injectors sizes into the aem computer screen. Starting with what's actually installed. Which is Bosch high imp 1000cc injectors. Then They tried replacing the sizes in the Aem with 550cc and others with no luck. It won't fire up. They don't know what else it could be. Their saying it's the injectors. Because it won't read my injectors. I'm sure the injectors are fine because they worked on my old ecu and harness. Now it won't. I think it's the wiring. But I don't know.
Old 02-05-16, 06:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Both injectors not being read , meaning both injectors bad is unlikely most especially you said they were working before .

No offense meant to your tuner but you need to find another tuner. He should be able to tell if injectors are getting pulses and isolate them if they are the problem or not. AEM v2 has peak and hold drivers so it will support either high impedance or low impedance injectors. Isolating them if they are receiving pulses should give him an idea if the problem is on the wiring and not just blame both set of injectors which is unlikely base on what you say.

Your problem can be the wiring or something else. Am going in a limb here since there is very little info to work on the problem aside from the tuner blaming both set of injectors for not getting the car to start. For all you know there is something else . You need fuel , spark and compression to get a cylinder to fire . So your problem can be anything .