Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc300 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 10:23 AM
bmatic01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc300 wiring

I'm trying to trouble shoot an issue I'm having with me Sc300. I wanted to know if someone could list the locations for all of the ground wires so I could check them for corrosion. I have a feeling that this maybe why me Sc will not hold idle rpm's. I have to gas it while cranking it to stay alive.
Old 12-14-15, 11:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by bmatic01
I'm trying to trouble shoot an issue I'm having with me Sc300. I wanted to know if someone could list the locations for all of the ground wires so I could check them for corrosion. I have a feeling that this maybe why me Sc will not hold idle rpm's. I have to gas it while cranking it to stay alive.
I assume you are looking only for the engine harness ground wires for the SC300 ? Reason I ask is because there are tons of ground wires on that SC300 . You will need the TSRM to find each one.

For the engine harness ground wires , there are two .. under your intake runner front and rear portion. They are fastened by a 10mm bolt .

And with your problem description , I don't see them being your problem. Why ? That car won't even start if one of those ground wire on the engine harness is loose.

I have a pretty good idea what the problem is based on your description which is the IACV but an error code will confirm it ?

Last edited by gerrb; 12-14-15 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-14-15, 12:23 PM
bmatic01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
I assume you are looking only for the engine harness ground wires for the SC300 ? Reason I ask is because there are tons of ground wires on that SC300 . You will need the TSRM to find each one.

For the engine harness ground wires , there are two .. under your intake runner front and rear portion. They are fastened by a 10mm bolt .

And with your problem description , I don't see them being your problem. Why ? That car won't even start if one of those ground wire on the engine harness is loose.

I have a pretty good idea what the problem is based on your description which is the IACV but an error code will confirm it ?
It's funny you mentioned that because when you did it just reminded me that my mechanic had replaced a valve sometime ago. Does that valve have to do with the power steering as well? I asked because he change a valve that works with the power steering pump because the wheel had became harder to turn over the years.
Old 12-14-15, 12:26 PM
bmatic01
Driver School Candidate

It's funny you mentioned that because when you did it just reminded me that my mechanic had replaced a valve sometime ago. Does that valve have to do with the power steering as well? I asked because he change a valve that works with the power steering pump because the wheel had became harder to turn over the years.
Oh btw, the engine isn't throwing any codes until the car dies then when I crank it back up it goes away. Idk from its resetting or what but I honestly believe it may be this notorious ECU/ECM node issue I've been reading about.
Old 12-14-15, 12:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

no sir ... totally un-related .
Old 12-15-15, 02:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Oh btw, the engine isn't throwing any codes until the car dies then when I crank it back up it goes away. Idk from its resetting or what but I honestly believe it may be this notorious ECU/ECM node issue I've been reading about.
You said it gives you codes once it cuts off ... don't restart it and read the codes and let us know what the codes are.
Old 12-17-15, 11:49 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
You said it gives you codes once it cuts off ... don't restart it and read the codes and let us know what the codes are.
This. It will point directly at your issue.
Old 12-19-15, 12:38 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Locations for factory grounds in the engine bay:

2 on the intake manifold next to the driver's side strut tower.
One below these ^ 2, on the block that connects to the drivers side chassis, then to the negative battery terminal.
One right next to the front of the fuse box on the drivers side of the chassis next to the whole plug
One to the left of the intake box.