Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 02:52 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator plumbing

How can I use an aftermarket FPR with the stock rail? I don't see any adapters for the 2jzge, only the GTE. I want to keep the stock rail because I already have the injectors I need that fit the stock rail. I searched but have not found any detail as to how anyone has done this.
Old 03-04-15, 07:08 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No body knows how to cap, or adapt the FPR port on the stock rail for an aftermarket FPR?..

My car is apart right now, so now is the time that I need answers, pleeeeease.
Old 03-05-15, 02:08 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

do a search on it, I think there is a way to tap it if its off the car and then you use a standard fitting (both GE and GTE). I want to say you can also use the TT adapter plate, which saves you from tapping, I think it fits on the GE also as they are very similar, but I have never ran an aftermarket regulator so I don't know 100%.

You don't need to change the fuel pressure regulator though I would just keep the stock one with the stock rail, unless you are just itching to change your base fuel pressure you can control all fueling via the aem still.

this is an example of tapping on an IS300, note the IS300 vvti does not have a fuel pressure regulator on the rail (its in the tank), but the fuel rail still has the spot for it like ours.
on ours though the hole is already drilled out, you just need to tap it, after you do this you must clean out the whole rail, so keep that in mind you will have to clean it thoroughly.
http://my.is/forums/f88/tutorial-how...l-pics-196075/

if you don't want the mess of tapping then try the adapter plate.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-05-15 at 02:13 PM.