Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz wont fire aem gurus needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-14, 01:39 PM
Abelo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KC95SC400
I don't know about your AEM but all my sensors (except my 2 wideband 02's) ground to the same terminal ultimately for my Adaptronic. The TPS has a separate pin for ground but still grounds to the same point internally. If you have 10volts back feeding into the ECU it will surely cause some issues.

You don't by chance have a wideband grounded along with the rest of your sensors? If the wideband heater ground is grounded with any of the other sensors (TPS, ECT, or whatever) it will cause issues.

Also, I don't currently have an idle valve and I need to keep on the gas, hot or cold start, for 20-30 seconds before it will run without any throttle input from my foot.

btw the only reason i say 10v is because my car never reads 12v anywhere must be old wiring and battery relocate causing that.

but my aem wideband is grounded via cigarette lighter area like all my other gauges.

i don't get how 10v could be backfeeding, could it be a wiring issue? i do have the driftmotion patch harness in between my ecu and stock harness i will check to see it is wired properly there. so since the tps and map have the same grounding point then there issue is obviously related right?

where exactly do they ground?
Old 08-05-14, 10:51 PM
Abelo
Driver

well i figured all of that out on my own turns out you cant hook the aem uego ground into the aem ems or else it throws off the ecu and causes issues like this.

now my new issue is i am not seeing 12v switched from the ignition switch at the ecu, which isnt allowing the ecu to see power. all that happened was i shortened my engine ground and the car sat outside in the rain and the fuse box somehow got filled with water but no fuses where blown. so i dried it out and now ecu has no power
Old 08-10-14, 07:37 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Abelo
well i figured all of that out on my own turns out you cant hook the aem uego ground into the aem ems or else it throws off the ecu and causes issues like this.

now my new issue is i am not seeing 12v switched from the ignition switch at the ecu, which isnt allowing the ecu to see power. all that happened was i shortened my engine ground and the car sat outside in the rain and the fuse box somehow got filled with water but no fuses where blown. so i dried it out and now ecu has no power
Hate to say it but I did mention not grounding a wideband using an ecu ground. Post 15.
Old 08-11-14, 04:31 PM
Abelo
Driver

Originally Posted by KC95SC400
Hate to say it but I did mention not grounding a wideband using an ecu ground. Post 15.
hmm your totally right i completely forgot i rewired it into my aem, son of a beachhh