Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 ECU pinouts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 08:54 PM
Chris88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 ECU pinouts

My project car is a 3.0L non-VVTI JDM Soarer, JZZ31-0027469 manufactured (according to the EPC) September 1994.

As part of the 1st stage of the project I will be using an eManage Blue piggy back ECU and I am hoping to use a Greddy wiring harness adaptor which is intended for the JDM NA Supra but in order to do so I need to compare the ECU pinouts.

I have searched the forum and the interweb and come up with nothing conclusive so does anyone have the full ECU pinouts for the 1995 4 speed Auto SC300 ECU?
Old 04-24-14, 07:36 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

1jz pinout
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...JZZ30%20Soarer

2jzge pinout for n/a jza80, should be pretty close to your car for all the pins an emanage will use.
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...0JZA80%20Supra
Old 04-24-14, 08:13 AM
Chris88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
1jz pinout
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...JZZ30%20Soarer

2jzge pinout for n/a jza80, should be pretty close to your car for all the pins an emanage will use.
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...0JZA80%20Supra
Thanks very much. But unfortunately the JZA80 Supra is the pinouts I already have.

My JZZ31 is essentially a Facelift JDM SC300 with the 2JZGE non-VVTI engine so it's the pinouts for the equivalent non-VVTI SC300 ECU that I need for the comparison.

This is my engine:
Attached Thumbnails SC300 ECU pinouts-engine-bay-start-point.jpg  
Old 04-24-14, 09:52 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Edit** I just re-read your first post, if you have a harness for a JDM n/a supra it has the exact same pinout as your car, just plug it in it will work.

the funny thing is that a JDM n/a supra and a JDM n/a soarer ecu is practically the same ecu. you can take the supra ecu and plug it into your car and it will work and drive it just fine, with the exception of maybe the a/c not turning on cause there are a few very minor differences in the wiring in the car itself but the ecu pins are all in the same spots.
This is the same for the US sc300 and US n/a supra.
Now when you look at the US and JDM of the same type of car, soarer to sc300 and supra to supra, there are major differences then.

That is why I gave you that pinout. essentially your ecu is a non vvti map sensor 2jzge ecu, which has the map sensor "PIM" on pin B62.

If it was the USDM maf version, I would have sent you the pinout with the maf sensor on pin B66 which is the non vvti sc300 pinout and non vvti supra pinout (practically the same again between US versions), but then your emanage wouldn't have worked right because your car is map sensor based and is actually identical to the jza80 2jzge jdm/UK pinout which uses a map sensor (All non vvti JDM and non vvti UK/rest of world) instead of a maf sensor (all USDM and JDM VVTI ONLY).

I haven;t seen the pinout for your specific model, but I can tell you 99% of the pins on the ecu connector is the same as the Jza80 map sensor based n/a ecu which is in the second link and you will be able to wire in an emanage no problem, all you need for those is the load, rpm, power, ground, and a few other inputs that are the same on literally all the 2jzge and 2jzgte non-vvti connectors with the exception of the load which is either B62 if you are map sensor based or B66 if you are maf based.
the only major differences on the 2jzgte pinout for the piggybacks is that the GTE has 5 more outputs for coils, but the ouput for coil 1 is in the same place on the gte and ge pinout even.

In short, you will be sucessfull in your wiring if you use the second diagram for the ECU pinouts, the body pinouts will be different but you will not need those. In your picture I can also see that just like I thought the UK version has no maf on the air intake, so you probalby have a pressure sensor lurking around by the intake somewhere by the firewall.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 04-24-14 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-24-14, 11:21 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Depending on what exact number is on the ecu, is a different pinout. California emissions vs federal emissions is different as well. I have 1 pinout diagram for California emissions ecu. The number is 89661-24332. If you need it I'll pm it to you. If you dont, well worth a shot.
Old 04-24-14, 12:34 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Cali or non cali only applies to the US models and he has a UK model which is the same as the JDM spec models.

And on the US models cali vs non cali is just different in the o2 sensors have heaters on all years, and there is an extra hot start fuel pressure regulator vsv for emissions on all years. Non-cali versions got both of these eventually in in 96. For ecu replacement purposes, you would want the right ecu, but realize these extra features get pinned into unused spots on the old harness, so there isn't a difference in Pin Locations still, its just that the non-cali is missing a few wires that are there on the cali and the gte harness for that matter as all gte's got heated sensors.

BUT, For piggyback wiring purposes, there is no difference between the pinouts for pins that you will actually use as I said above, you really only tie into a handfull of wires and they are in the same places on all the ecu's except for the maf/map pin being 66 or 62 respectively as noted above, and the gte's have 6 coils instead of the 1 like the ge has.

So if you have an emanage harness for a JDM n/a supra, it will be plug and play in a JDM n/a soarer. It really is as simple as that there is no rewiring necessary whatsoever.
if you had a US sc300, you would have to rewire that harness as a US sc300 has no map sensor input.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 04-24-14 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-24-14, 10:18 PM
Chris88
Driver School Candidate

Edit** I just re-read your first post, if you have a harness for a JDM n/a supra it has the exact same pinout as your car, just plug it in it will work.
.......................................... In your picture I can also see that just like I thought the UK version has no maf on the air intake, so you probalby have a pressure sensor lurking around by the intake somewhere by the firewall.
Thanks, that will be me sorted then, and doing it the easy way (for a change). The S shaped hose running from the rear of the intake tank to the bulkhead is connected to the MAP sensor.

Incidentally there are no UK versions of the JZZ31, Soarer or SC300 (or for that matter JZZ30, UZZ30, 31 or 32s) all *ZZ3* in the UK are "grey" imports. There is one USM LHD SC400 (that I know of) and all of the rest are originally JDM. The same goes for the NA JZA80s, all normally aspirated Supra in the UK are originally JDM.
Old 04-24-14, 10:27 PM
Chris88
Driver School Candidate

This is what the engine bay will (hopefully) look like when it's done. The turbo is a BW S360 and ultimately I'm going for 600 shp on 97 RON UK pump gas.
Attached Thumbnails SC300 ECU pinouts-after.jpg  
Old 04-25-14, 08:10 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

should be a fun project, that picture above it looks very clean I must say. yeah if its JDM imports in the UK then all the more reason to use the JDM stuff. you will find its really more similar to a JDM n/a supra wiring wise and both cars share the same ecu connector and sensor setup.
Old 04-16-20, 03:06 PM
DANIEL1644
Driver School Candidate

Default Pinout maf versión

the funny thing is that a JDM n/a supra and a JDM n/a soarer ecu is practically the same ecu. you can take the supra ecu and plug it into your car and it will work and drive it just fine, with the exception of maybe the a/c not turning on cause there are a few very minor differences in the wiring in the car itself but the ecu pins are all in the same spots.
This is the same for the US sc300 and US n/a supra.
Now when you look at the US and JDM of the same type of car, soarer to sc300 and supra to supra, there are major differences then.

That is why I gave you that pinout. essentially your ecu is a non vvti map sensor 2jzge ecu, which has the map sensor "PIM" on pin B62.

If it was the USDM maf version, I would have sent you the pinout with the maf sensor on pin B66 which is the non vvti sc300 pinout and non vvti supra pinout (practically the same again between US versions), but then your emanage wouldn't have worked right because your car is map sensor based and is actually identical to the jza80 2jzge jdm/UK pinout which uses a map sensor (All non vvti JDM and non vvti UK/rest of world) instead of a maf sensor (all USDM and JDM VVTI ONLY).

I haven;t seen the pinout for your specific model, but I can tell you 99% of the pins on the ecu connector is the same as the Jza80 map sensor based n/a ecu which is in the second link and you will be able to wire in an emanage no problem, all you need for those is the load, rpm, power, ground, and a few other inputs that are the same on literally all the 2jzge and 2jzgte non-vvti connectors with the exception of the load which is either B62 if you are map sensor based or B66 if you are maf based.
the only major differences on the 2jzgte pinout for the piggybacks is that the GTE has 5 more outputs for coils, but the ouput for coil 1 is in the same place on the gte and ge pinout even.

In short, you will be sucessfull in your wiring if you use the second diagram for the ECU pinouts, the body pinouts will be different but you will not need those. In your picture I can also see that just like I thought the UK version has no maf on the air intake, so you probalby have a pressure sensor lurking around by the intake somewhere by the firewall.
Do you have the maf usdm pinout of sc300