Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGTE Wiring Harness Made Easy

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 04:03 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now once I complete this spliced harness will this be plug and play for the aemv2 ? Or do more mods to the harness still need to be done? I'm trying to take my existing harness from a swapped 93 gte sc400 to my current car 95 swapped gte sc400. We took the motor and harness from a car that the had a swap completed prior. And putting it in my current car. But we ran into an issue with the car not turning off. It starts and runs. But won't turn off. So we are ripping out the harness that is in there and doing the needed mods from the harness that will be in the car from the og 400 harness in hopes this remedies our problem. But after this is done and running on stock aristo Ecu, I will be plugging in the aemv2 to the setup. So I'm trying to make sure the modded harness will still work with the aem?

Any help u can give on this would be helpful

Thanks
Old 02-18-14, 04:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by PaCowboy
Holy crap. That is the most detailed write up I've ever seen. This is amazing info. I have to start on my harness this week. Gonna be a pro or a complete failure by the time it's done.
Thans for taking the time to write up something like this. I know there are gonna be a lot of guys in the community appreciating this. I know I do
Thank you sir , am glad if it will help a lot of people.

Now once I complete this spliced harness will this be plug and play for the aemv2 ? Or do more mods to the harness still need to be done? I'm trying to take my existing harness from a swapped 93 gte sc400 to my current car 95 swapped gte sc400. We took the motor and harness from a car that the had a swap completed prior. And putting it in my current car. But we ran into an issue with the car not turning off. It starts and runs. But won't turn off. So we are ripping out the harness that is in there and doing the needed mods from the harness that will be in the car from the og 400 harness in hopes this remedies our problem. But after this is done and running on stock aristo Ecu, I will be plugging in the aemv2 to the setup. So I'm trying to make sure the modded harness will still work with the aem?

Any help u can give on this would be helpful

Thanks
The AEM v2 for 2jzgte which is 30-6100 is plug and play. You don't need to do anything. The AEM ECUs where manufactured having in mind the stock harness pin configuration. As long as you are using the AEM model that was meant for your engine, you are good.
Old 02-18-14, 04:30 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

I do have an aem 30-6100.So I don't need to mod my harness to use the aem? Cause right now on the aristo Ecu and harness we used from the prior swap, we can turn the car on but it won't turn off. Supra Dr. And I thought maybe there was an issue with the harness that's why it won't turn off. We were gonna yank the harness out of the car and compare pin outs to the sc harness that came with the 1uz motor and move over pins and connectors from the 1uz harness over to the gte harness we are currently using.
Did I make this clear? I even get this confused right now lol

Originally Posted by gerrb
Thank you sir , am glad if it will help a lot of people.

The AEM v2 for 2jzgte which is 30-6100 is plug and play. You don't need to do anything. The AEM ECUs where manufactured having in mind the stock harness pin configuration. As long as you are using the AEM model that was meant for your engine, you are good.
Old 02-18-14, 04:39 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

What I meant to say is I still do need to do the harness to harness mod in order for the car to run right. But after this is done I don't need to mod it again to use the aem. ?

I do have an aem 30-6100.So I don't need to mod my harness to use the aem? Cause right now on the aristo Ecu and harness we used from the prior swap, we can turn the car on but it won't turn off. Supra Dr. And I thought maybe there was an issue with the harness that's why it won't turn off. We were gonna yank the harness out of the car and compare pin outs to the sc harness that came with the 1uz motor and move over pins and connectors from the 1uz harness over to the gte harness we are currently using.
Did I make this clear? I even get this confused right now lol
Old 02-18-14, 04:46 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

yes , once your harness is running good with the Aristo ECU, you don't have to modify it or do anything on the harness to run the AEM ecu.
Old 02-18-14, 04:48 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Cool thanks. Now I just gotta figure out what needs to be moved over from the 1uz harness to the gte harness. It's odd the car starts just won't turn off. Don't ya think?

yes , once your harness is running good with the Aristo ECU, you don't have to modify it or do anything to run the AEM ecu.
Old 02-18-14, 04:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Looks like power to the EFI relay is not going through the ignition switch. Check the first few wiring diagrams for the SC400 on this build thread ... ignition , where all the EFI relays are. If I got you right , car still runs even if ignition is turned off.
Old 02-18-14, 04:57 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Ok. I'll check that.
Thabks

Looks like power to the EFI relay is not going through the ignition switch. Check the first few wiring diagrams for the SC400 on this build thread ... ignition , where all the EFI relays are.
Old 02-18-14, 05:00 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Ya we can turn the ignition switch off but it stays running.

Looks like power to the EFI relay is not going through the ignition switch. Check the first few wiring diagrams for the SC400 on this build thread ... ignition , where all the EFI relays are. If I got you right , car still runs even if ignition is turned off.
Old 02-18-14, 05:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ya we can turn the ignition switch off but it stays running.
Ok.. that means power continually flows through the relays that supplies power to the computer even if ignition is off. That should be an easy fix . Good Luck !
Old 02-18-14, 05:07 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Man I hope that wasn't a sarcastic good luck. This build is starting to wear on me. Lol. I hope it turns out to be an easy fix.

Ok.. that means power continually flows through the relays that supplies power to the computer even if ignition is off. That should be an easy fix . Good Luck !
Old 02-18-14, 05:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Man I hope that wasn't a sarcastic good luck. This build is starting to wear on me. Lol. I hope it turns out to be an easy fix.
No, lol. I meant good. I believe that will be an easy fix. I will check the diagrams later and see how I can help you what to look for .
Old 02-18-14, 05:16 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Lol, thank gawd. I could use some good news. Anything u can assist us with would be great. I'm gonna look at the diagrams tomorrow let me know if u see anything that could help us.

Thank you

No, lol. I meant good. I believe that will be an easy fix. I will check the diagrams later and see how I can help you what to look for .
Old 02-18-14, 05:28 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Concentrate on the wiring that goes to the plugs on the lower front fuse box... EB1 & EB2 , that is where the EFI relays get their power and in turn power is delivered to the ECU . As long as there is power to the ECU, it will keep the engine running. Idea is , you turn off switch , then there should be no power to ECU. Will check things later

Did the former owner of this harness had the same problem ?
Old 02-18-14, 05:33 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Ok I'll take a look at that. This problem started after we took the motor Ecu and harness from a car I owned but totaled 93 swapped sc400. That car ran fine. The 95 widebody I got ran fine also before the swap. We took the harness from the 93 that had been modded already and worked fine and put it in the 95. The shop started it up yesterday and that's the first time we ever saw this problem.

Concentrate on the wiring that goes to the plugs on the lower front fuse box... EB1 & EB2 , that is where the EFI relay get their power and in turn power is delivered to the ECU . As long as there is power to the ECU, it will keep the engine running. Idea is , you turn off switch , then there should be no power to ECU. Will check things later

Did the former owner of this harness had the same problem ?

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE Wiring Harness Made Easy