Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

WOAH! (Three questions in one thread. Clutch Jerk/Drivetrain/AC Leak ECU)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-13, 06:55 PM
Bleak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOAH! (Three questions in one thread. Clutch Jerk/Drivetrain/AC Leak ECU)

Let's start off.

Vehicle:
1995 SC300
1JZ Swap (Stock)
W58 Transmission
Competition Clutch stage 4 6 puck

1) Clutch Jerking - Experiencing random aggressive acceleration/deceleration at lower speeds (In the 2-4k range).

a. So, occasionally while shifting through the gears on my car I'll put the car into (lets say) third gear, once I get off the throttle sometimes the car will almost feel like it's re-engaging the clutch, HARSHLY. It will send a shock through the whole drivetrain, it's not like the typical feeling you get when already in gear and you just get back on throttle smoothly, it basically smacks itself back into place. To help you understand how bad it is, I am basically tapping the gas pedal an inch or so to get these effects, I'm not just stomping on it.

b. When experiencing this, it will also do it when I decelerate while in the same gear. I can just tap the gas on and off, and it'll smack itself around, and I hear a knocking noise somewhere either in the tranny or somewhere in the rear of the car. Overall I'd like to add another note that I don't feel like my car has that "complete/tight" feeling. There feels like something needs to be replaced like a bushing or adjusted in the drivetrain.

+^2. In direct relation to the above matter, what could I look into to make sure my whole drive train is good? Any particular bushings to look at, or I also heard worn out flex plates on the drive shaft can cause problems.. and vibrations (which I am experiencing at the 80+ mph mark). But yeah, I am hearing and also feeling a small knocking in my rear sometimes when I shift. It's not fun.

3. AC Leak in the ECU area. - This has happened before when I had my 2JZ in the car, and it ended up soaking ALL the foam that used to be under the carpet in the ECU area and was a disaster for my old ECU.

Now with my 1JZ I'm starting to see this issue again, so obviously there seems to be a broken seal or something broken around the vents in that area causing water to leak down into the ECU (passenger foot) area. (I say it's in this area because I can see the water soak spot near the middle top of the carpet, so it's coming from above)

Anyone know where to look?
Old 06-07-13, 08:50 AM
Bleak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump could use some help :-)