Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-13, 12:26 AM
INCLINEDI
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NA-T suggestions.

Sup y'all. Basically I'm trying to buy a kit for my GE. Horsepower range I would be cool w/ is some where in the 450 - 500 range. I got a quote already but, I wouldn't want to waste my money w/ being able to get something better for a Few more bucks. My range is pretty much at 3-4k.
I got quoted at 3,500 for a almost complete kit. It included all basic/vital components & AEM standalone , injectors, and other misc parts. Only thing missing is IC/piping, bov, boost controller.
Any suggestions?
Old 05-03-13, 12:34 AM
INCLINEDI
Rookie

I would also need a fuel pump.
I already have TT HG.
Old 05-03-13, 02:26 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of turbo? Manifold? What kind AEM? Does it include install?
Old 05-03-13, 09:50 AM
INCLINEDI
Rookie

Originally Posted by jwin
what kind of turbo? Manifold? What kind AEM? Does it include install?
the turbo is a 60-1 w/ garrett internals (Not sure what AR housing i should get yet).the manifold is a reinforced chinese & the standalone would be the AEM V2. thats w/ out install. the turbo kit is the Driftmotion kit 60-1 na-t kit http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...-1turbokit.php

Last edited by INCLINEDI; 05-03-13 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-03-13, 11:53 AM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by INCLINEDI
the turbo is a 60-1 w/ garrett internals (Not sure what AR housing i should get yet).the manifold is a reinforced chinese & the standalone would be the AEM V2. thats w/ out install. the turbo kit is the Driftmotion kit 60-1 na-t kit http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...-1turbokit.php
IMO you could put that kit together in the link for 3-400 bucks cheaper, also notice in the pic thats not even a ge setup (just saying, dont really matter) Also im not sure how it comes with a 50mm replica hks cause on my car with the same manifold a real 50mm does not fit and i switched to a smaller 40mm housing to accomodate it.

What all does this kit your buying come with besides the basic driftmotion stuff??

Seems like for what your looking for your gonna be over budget since your still in need of alotta stuff like you said.
All the extra stuff including bov, ic and piping, boost controller etc can cost you anywhere from 500-1200bucks

So by what your saying you are gonna be easily at 4k+ before install and tuning and last time i checked tuning around here is 400-1000 and depending on if your gonna install for free or pay a friend 400-1000 depending on your hookups.

Last edited by sj408; 05-03-13 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-03-13, 01:53 PM
INCLINEDI
Rookie

Originally Posted by sj408
IMO you could put that kit together in the link for 3-400 bucks cheaper, also notice in the pic thats not even a ge setup (just saying, dont really matter) Also im not sure how it comes with a 50mm replica hks cause on my car with the same manifold a real 50mm does not fit and i switched to a smaller 40mm housing to accomodate it.

What all does this kit your buying come with besides the basic driftmotion stuff??

Seems like for what your looking for your gonna be over budget since your still in need of alotta stuff like you said.
All the extra stuff including bov, ic and piping, boost controller etc can cost you anywhere from 500-1200bucks

So by what your saying you are gonna be easily at 4k+ before install and tuning and last time i checked tuning around here is 400-1000 and depending on if your gonna install for free or pay a friend 400-1000 depending on your hookups.
hmm, that is pretty weird. yep i was thinking the same thoughts. The extra parts i was going to get aside from the basic ki was
AEM V2 STANDALONE
INJECTORS
2 SENSORS
and thats about it. any suggestions on wha route to go? (better kit manufacture or parts F/S)
Old 05-03-13, 02:08 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by INCLINEDI
hmm, that is pretty weird. yep i was thinking the same thoughts. The extra parts i was going to get aside from the basic ki was
AEM V2 STANDALONE
INJECTORS
2 SENSORS
and thats about it. any suggestions on wha route to go? (better kit manufacture or parts F/S)
Well first off, what makes u say u want 500hp? just outta curiousity? One problem i see is your not really considering the other stuff your gonna need to put that power to the ground (please correct me if you already have these mods)

-tires? consider some nice rear tires another 500 bucks
-Trans, What is your car equipped with? auto or stick? either way youll need a couple bucks to beef it up to hold that kinda power
- All your engine and trans mounts brand new???
-Bushings, Once you start putting real power down youll notice which bushings are shot haha trust me

Also your basically paying 2k for a v2 and some injectors.....

In my humble opinion heres what i would do if i were to completely re-do my na-t setup

Log style manifold (i already want one of these just for easy access, spool is simply icing on the cake and treadstone looks good)
- t61 ( or a t67 depending on pricing)
- Tial wastegate (to fit log manifold)
- ssqv bov
-treadstone same side intercooler ( to keep piping short)
- aristo ecu
-440injectors (bigger if going for your type of power goals, lucas makes a good set and also a fellow member found a plug n play set for our cars just do a search)

Then later when you wanna go above 14psi and go with a good piggyback with timing control.

But then again this is what i would do with my car, its a daily driver. So things like an aem standalone are just paperweights to me. My car runs GREAT on stock tuning

If you want to go a similar route you were on BUT save some dough purchase all those items in the kit seperately and replace the BOV and Wastegate with a name brand quality piece.

Also unless your hellbent on the aem id save the 2 grand and put it towards something else ( like a built engine)

Last edited by sj408; 05-03-13 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-03-13, 04:04 PM
INCLINEDI
Rookie

Originally Posted by sj408
Well first off, what makes u say u want 500hp? just outta curiousity? One problem i see is your not really considering the other stuff your gonna need to put that power to the ground (please correct me if you already have these mods)

-tires? consider some nice rear tires another 500 bucks
-Trans, What is your car equipped with? auto or stick? either way youll need a couple bucks to beef it up to hold that kinda power
- All your engine and trans mounts brand new???
-Bushings, Once you start putting real power down youll notice which bushings are shot haha trust me

Also your basically paying 2k for a v2 and some injectors.....

In my humble opinion heres what i would do if i were to completely re-do my na-t setup

Log style manifold (i already want one of these just for easy access, spool is simply icing on the cake and treadstone looks good)
- t61 ( or a t67 depending on pricing)
- Tial wastegate (to fit log manifold)
- ssqv bov
-treadstone same side intercooler ( to keep piping short)
- aristo ecu
-440injectors (bigger if going for your type of power goals, lucas makes a good set and also a fellow member found a plug n play set for our cars just do a search)

Then later when you wanna go above 14psi and go with a good piggyback with timing control.

But then again this is what i would do with my car, its a daily driver. So things like an aem standalone are just paperweights to me. My car runs GREAT on stock tuning

If you want to go a similar route you were on BUT save some dough purchase all those items in the kit seperately and replace the BOV and Wastegate with a name brand quality piece.

Also unless your hellbent on the aem id save the 2 grand and put it towards something else ( like a built engine)
i only say 500 because thats the power goal id like once its all done, i dont need it all in one shot **** im even down for 350hp for a little, My car will be a daily driver so ya makes sense to not to get the standalone, its my first time boosting a car so thats why im not too knowledgeable on this.
im going to be running 245/45/19 in the rear
and i have a W58 5 speed. (im down to beef up later when im near my power goals or when i have to)
i got solid motor mounts.
Old 05-03-13, 09:47 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Why would you not get a standalone for a daily driver? I pieced my turbo kit together to mix and match parts that I wanted to be good quality and things I could do without.

CXracing or Driftmotion manifold- 150
Bws366 turbo (might be a bit big, but they are cheap turbos 650-700 new)
Oil feed and return (50 bucks)
Tial wastegate 38mm (used)- 100
Downpipe and intercooler piping I would take to a shop to get it done there so it fits.
ebay Intercooler - 100
1000cc bosch ev14 - 400
walbro 416 - 120 for gas 180 for e85
AEM v2 - 1600 on amazon or AEM v1 used - 1000
Boost solenoid - 40
IAT - 40
Map - 150

I see about 2000 in parts roughly without standalone, intercooler and downpipe.
Old 05-03-13, 11:49 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
Why would you not get a standalone for a daily driver? I pieced my turbo kit together to mix and match parts that I wanted to be good quality and things I could do without.

CXracing or Driftmotion manifold- 150
Bws366 turbo (might be a bit big, but they are cheap turbos 650-700 new)
Oil feed and return (50 bucks)
Tial wastegate 38mm (used)- 100
Downpipe and intercooler piping I would take to a shop to get it done there so it fits.
ebay Intercooler - 100
1000cc bosch ev14 - 400
walbro 416 - 120 for gas 180 for e85
AEM v2 - 1600 on amazon or AEM v1 used - 1000
Boost solenoid - 40
IAT - 40
Map - 150

I see about 2000 in parts roughly without standalone, intercooler and downpipe.
I agree on the standalone EMS, I recommend it primarily because a LOT of people have suggested I go standalone instead of piggybacks and/or stock ECUs. I never turbo'd anything either but that's the route I'm going regardless. Just take it to a tuner shop and have them test/ tune for you. It'll be more $$$ but it's better. More control over what's going on.
Old 05-04-13, 01:51 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

You can daily a car on a standalone if you tune the IACV which you can on the AEM v2 it will idle just fine.