Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-13, 07:49 PM
buckwheat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance

so i don,t know if anyone has had this problem but. I did the aristo swap into my 92 sc 300 and have the soarer R154 trans and everything runs ok when i start it. and will idle ok but when i try rev it up it will run rough and when i try to put under a load and drive it wont go into boost and it runs very rough but other then that everything looks ok. any ideas anyone
Old 04-09-13, 08:24 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you double checked all your hoses, clamps, IC pipes?
Old 04-10-13, 05:22 AM
buckwheat
Driver

yeah i have done all that its got to be something more technical then that. i think it's got something to do with either map sensor or tps i pulled a voltage from the tps and i only get 3.2 volts when i should be getting a 5 volt reading. tweaked made the harness so i'm hoping that everything that was done should be done. there is a wire or two at the ecu that when i have it running i can jiggle a wire or two and it starts to run a little funky like its misfiring bot when it was running and idling fine it still would not boost past 3000 rpm's
Old 04-10-13, 02:35 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

If your on map sensor, intercooler pipes coming loose shouldn't make it run rough. But I would see if someone has a map sensor you could use briefly to see if yours is bad. Good luck
Old 04-10-13, 07:24 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ dead on advice.

Also, you might wanna make sure timing is correct (crank pulley at 0, cam marks at the top matching their marks). But the fact that you can jiggle the harness and change the way it runs means there are problems there though not necessarily a problem that will solve THE problem.

When you hit that wall where it starts running crappy what is the AFR? And also does it start building boost when trying to rev through the breakup in neutral? If so I'd check timing.
Old 04-11-13, 10:29 AM
buckwheat
Driver

my timing is good. also i still need to recalibrate my innovate wide band o2 and for some reason it wont recalibrate it just keeps blinking 7.4 no matter what i do to it
Old 04-11-13, 12:13 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like tweaked built some bs
Old 04-12-13, 08:51 AM
Dr. Tweak
Driver School Candidate

If you think the issue may be in the harness, you can always send it back for us to inspect. If there is in fact a problem, we'll cover shipping both ways. That's what our lifetime warranty is there for Just give us a call, 800-533-6775

Joshua
Old 04-12-13, 02:21 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody asked if he has any OBD codes??? have you checked your check engine light??

You say your not able to boost over 3k? Sounds like a bad map sensor or possible an ignition signal break which would cause a code 14.

Also you say if you jiggle a certain wire or two at the ecu you notice a difference? Wouldnt you want to identify exactly which wires those arE?

CHECK YOUR OBD THATS WHY TOYOTA INTEGRATED IT INTO THESE CARS

edit: and no.... not only if your check engine light is "on" CHECK THE DAMN CODES
Old 04-15-13, 05:55 AM
buckwheat
Driver

i really don't wanna send it back in again i wanna drive it this summer. and i did check the obd for codes. and ill have to go get them tonight and post them up for i don't remember them off hand right now. But i do remember one and it was 47 and it has to do with the tps but not sure what one and since the one i do have plugged in i replaced it. but it did not change anything so next has to be the map sensor. or something along that line. and at the ecu in the 80 pin plug in the problem on the wires when i juggle the very first top wire on the left i get what sounds like a misfire. its that wire or one very close in that area not to sure really on what wire yet but hope to narrow it down without having to send it in. tweak dose a very good job just sometimes things do happen but they have taken very good care of me on this harness so i have no worries if i have to send it back. i just don't really want to have to remove this harness again it's a very big pain in the *** getting it out
Old 04-15-13, 06:07 AM
buckwheat
Driver

anyone have a extra map sensor for sale that i can try i really don't wanna go buy a new one that so way over priced. unless you guy's know of a different lexus i could find the same one on in a junk yard ? maybe a GS model ?
Old 04-18-13, 02:40 PM
buckwheat
Driver

so i pulled a code from the car and got two i had three but now only two and they are 31 and 47 i guess the tps might have goten rid of the other i hope
Old 04-19-13, 04:43 PM
buckwheat
Driver

well ok i did some more research and found out that the code i am getting is 31 and it has to do with mass air flow circuit ? dose this motor need a afm sensor also? because when i got this motor i didn't remember seeing a plug in for it
Old 04-19-13, 05:05 PM
buckwheat
Driver

Intake Air Volume - AFM sensor
Intake Air Temperature - IAT sensor
Engine Speed - Crank Position sensor
Manifold Air Pressure - MAP sensor
Engine Coolant Temperature - ECT sensor
Exhaust Oxygen Content - O2 sensor

this is the list of sensors i need to run this motor right anyone ?
Old 04-21-13, 02:44 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That code on an aristo is MAP sensor, find a known good one, swap it and report back.