Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 W58 Swap Parts List (Clarification Needed)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-12, 12:48 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC400 W58 Swap Parts List (Clarification Needed)

My auto trans is finally starting to take a dive so its time to start piecing together my w58 swap.

So far here is my list of what I plan to use:
-MKIII Supra W58 (I am aware of the shifter fitment issues)
-W58 swap kit from 1uzfeswapkit.com
*The 1uzfeswapkit includes: aluminum adaptor, steel flywheel, pilot bearing, t56 hydraulic throwout bearing, throwout bearing adaptor plate and hydraulic throwout kit w/ remote bleeder setup.
-SC300 5spd or MKIII Supra front driveshaft
-SC300 or Supra clutch disc
-1990 4Runner pressure plate
-Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and hydraulic lines
-Clutch/brake pedal
-Transmission mount
Ok, here's my questions. Can I use the clutch/brake pedal and clutch master/slave cylinder from a MKIII Supra? Are they the same as the SC300 5spd? Also, what is the T56 hydraulic throwout kit w/ remote bleeder setup that is included with the swap kit? Does that replace the entire hydraulic line for the clutch or do I still need the OEM lines that go from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder and the slave cylinder to the transmission?
And finally, is there anything else I need that's missing from my list, and is there anything I should know before I start sourcing out all my parts?

Last edited by MattStarr; 10-26-12 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-26-12, 04:51 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really! No one has any answers for me?
Old 10-26-12, 04:59 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
My auto trans is finally starting to take a dive so its time to start piecing together my w58 swap.

So far here is my list of what I plan to use:
-MKIII Supra W58 (I am aware of the shifter fitment issues)
-W58 swap kit from 1uzfeswapkit.com
*The 1uzfeswapkit includes: aluminum adaptor, steel flywheel, pilot bearing, t56 hydraulic throwout bearing, throwout bearing adaptor plate and hydraulic throwout kit w/ remote bleeder setup.
-SC300 5spd or MKIII Supra front driveshaft
-SC300 or Supra clutch disc
-1990 4Runner pressure plate
-Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and hydraulic lines
-Clutch/brake pedal
-Transmission mount
Ok, here's my questions. Can I use the clutch/brake pedal and clutch master/slave cylinder from a MKIII Supra? Are they the same as the SC300 5spd? Also, what is the T56 hydraulic throwout kit w/ remote bleeder setup that is included with the swap kit? Does that replace the entire hydraulic line for the clutch or do I still need the OEM lines that go from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder and the slave cylinder to the transmission?
And finally, is there anything else I need that's missing from my list, and is there anything I should know before I start sourcing out all my parts?
No the mk3 supra stuff wont fit unless u modify it to hell and back. Im not knowledgeable about the t56 throwout bearing thing so I cant comment. There is a w58 swap into sc400 thread on here tho. I got a buddy with a w58 full swap setup but you in denver and he is here in louisville with me. He has an orignial 5 speed sc300 he is parting out.
Old 11-02-12, 04:19 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

i don't get why people try to hack in MK3 ****. Your car is a SC bro, SC's Came stock with Clutch pedals, master cylinder etc, get some from a SC, i mean it would be one thing if you had a LS or GS and u wanted to find a pedal to modify, but there is no point when they make the parts ready to go.

as for your clutch setup, the flywheel 1uzswapkit.com offers, uses a 3SGT-E pressure plate and u can use and W-series clutch disc IE SC300, 7MGE, etc etc.

YES the kit comes with both lines, the Feed/pressure line, and a bleeder line.

I am getting my kit today for my SC400. its getting delivered to me =)

and just a FYI, you'd be better off trying to get a SC300 W58 so u can use the SC300 driveline, shifter fits perfect all of the above... the route your setting yourself up for is gonna be rough long up hill battle with things that can be easily obtained and easily installed. your car though its up to you.
Old 11-02-12, 04:20 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

Junk your oem clutch line. U dont need it.
Old 11-02-12, 04:41 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Meunvmost... not to bash, but some people like the torque and sound of a v8. On the throwout bearing, it basically replaces the slave cylinder and fork. You will need new lines. Check out Quantum Auto for the lines. On another note, definately don't use mk3 pedals, if you need a clutch pedal and brake pedal I have an extra pair lying around. Also if you haven't already sourced a tranny, I have everything for a swap. Pm me if interested. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 11-02-12, 09:06 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You dont need the sc300 oem hydrauic lines. Ypull use aftermarket, and the t56 has 2 ports, 1 in, 1 out. Simple
Charley
Old 11-02-12, 09:47 PM
2JTsc300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...00pedalset.php

you should just get this
Old 11-05-12, 08:53 AM
Meunvmost
Rookie

I'm not bashing v8? I have a sc400 I'm converting I'm saying don't waste time on customizing pedals and stuff when its already made for our chassis from a sc300.

I've shopped and shopped best bang for buck is Brandon from Toyotav8.com aka 1uzfeswapkit.com

I love 1uz.

Just don't go killin yourself over fitting pedals and **** when its all OEM available.
Old 11-05-12, 08:55 AM
Meunvmost
Rookie

Originally Posted by maynanator
Meunvmost... not to bash, but some people like the torque and sound of a v8. On the throwout bearing, it basically replaces the slave cylinder and fork. You will need new lines. Check out Quantum Auto for the lines. On another note, definately don't use mk3 pedals, if you need a clutch pedal and brake pedal I have an extra pair lying around. Also if you haven't already sourced a tranny, I have everything for a swap. Pm me if interested. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sounds like u skimmed my post rather then read it. Good job
Old 11-06-12, 01:45 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

This is what I have
1uzfe W58 Swap Kit (Quantum-Auto.com) includes the following
-Adapter Plate
-Flywheel (Steel)
-Pressure Plate
-Full Face DF Clutch
-Clutch Lines
-Quarter master Bearing Spacer
-Alignment Tool
-Pilot Bearing
-Bolt Kit
W58 Transmission from a MK4 Supra
Quarter Master Throwout Bearing
SC300 Clutch Pedal
SC300 Brake pedal
SC300 Master Cylinder
SC300 Manual Driveshaft
Shifter Bezel Trim Piece
Shift ****
Yellow box speedometer calibrator

and agreed^ you stood up for the 1UZ by getting the m/t swap instead of a jz swap!