Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need a little electrical help on 5speed swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-12, 12:06 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about to tackle the same thing today & tomorrow. OP I'm just as confused as you are. I have a '93 Auto SC and swapping a '95 Soarer 1JZ & R154.
Old 10-22-12, 12:32 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok lets start it over!

You car is an auto car and you are swapping a newer engine in the car that's manual.

first thing is the alternator plug on the 95 cars is in the engine bay.
92-94 is part of the engine harness.

You can pull alternator harness out of your 92-94 auto harness and incorporated it in your 95 5 speed harness.

nssb you can't do it on the manual harness , but you can do it on the auto harness. Since the manual harness on has 2 connectors:
Reverse light switch and the speed sensor which is 3 wires.

Easiest way to do the nssb on your setup is to run a wires from the wires that single wire that plugs into your start to the ingition switch inside the car.
You tie into the big white wire with black strip , i can try to find you a picture.

Don't mess with the front harness crap it's too much work .

It's very easy! look at the wire diagram below that will help you .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
charging 93 sc300.pdf (25.0 KB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf
charging 95sc.pdf (29.8 KB, 211 views)
Old 10-22-12, 11:02 PM
armyastro
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A32Boost
anybody knows why would the previous owner do this?

Looks like the mod for the coolant temp gauge, you have to ground the brown wire (on the ik2 plug i think) and the gauge will work after a jzgte swap, temp and rpm gauge wont work
Old 10-23-12, 12:19 PM
A32Boost
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armyastro
Looks like the mod for the coolant temp gauge, you have to ground the brown wire (on the ik2 plug i think) and the gauge will work after a jzgte swap, temp and rpm gauge wont work
thanks for letting me know, as far as harnesses im buying a new auto 92 sc300 engine harness and ecu and ill bypass the switch at pin #77 at the ecu
Old 10-29-12, 07:50 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by armyastro
No, your temp WILL work like factory if your harness was PROPERLY converted...I wish I had $1 for every time I saw this false information, I'd never have to work again!

Tach WILL need modded to work with a turbo igniter.
Old 10-31-12, 10:38 PM
armyastro
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TweakTech
No, your temp WILL work like factory if your harness was PROPERLY converted...I wish I had $1 for every time I saw this false information, I'd never have to work again!

Tach WILL need modded to work with a turbo igniter.
So your saying if it was converted right.. like paying dr.tweak to do it, then it will work like factory? i have done a few conversions and when i was swamped i had dr.tweak do them, even paid to extra on one to be "bumped" to the front. just a FYI, the temp didnt work like factory, lol, it didnt even work at all, i had to pull the plugs back out and cut/ground the wire myself, i think i still have the email/pm traffic when i asked him about the harness and if it was done. so the little statement of yours about "false info" it isnt false, it has to be grounded, before... during... after, hell it doesnt matter, in the end, you have to ground it
Old 11-01-12, 10:56 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

about the nss bypass while using the manual harness easiest way to do it is to run a wire from your starter relay in the fuse box to the ignition connector under the steering column you can hide the wire with the harness that goes from the relay box to your kick fuse box... hell you strip the wire and just mash the plugs right over it and not even have to solder and you're done
Old 11-01-12, 10:58 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

the second time I did it I solderd it to the connector underneath the relay to hide it better still quick and easy and thats if you're using a manual harness on an auto ecu.
Old 11-02-12, 10:10 AM
A32Boost
Rookie

Originally Posted by shonuff53
the second time I did it I solderd it to the connector underneath the relay to hide it better still quick and easy and thats if you're using a manual harness on an auto ecu.
do you remember which wires to tap color wise on the starter relay and ignition connector?
Old 11-02-12, 10:40 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A32Boost
do you remember which wires to tap color wise on the starter relay and ignition connector?
I guess you didn't read my post.