Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Driftmotion intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 02:30 PM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by megamax
is300 blows better and has higher cfms.
and it has to do with this manifold how?
Old 06-28-12, 03:07 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the curved manifold will clear this fan shroud.
Old 06-28-12, 09:14 PM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Interesting, I know most have to move the battery and/or fusebox but Ive never heard of someone have an intake manifold hit their fanshroud.
Old 06-30-12, 11:18 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol... So back to the subject at hand did you have the manifold at least flow tested to see if it's even worthy of the install it does look like a good piece though.

I want to see how the inside looks now That it's cleaned up
Old 06-30-12, 11:30 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Driftmotion gets their stuff from china, so you'll probably see no difference between theirs and the ebay stuff. The stock over the head manifold has been proven to flow 800hp with ease. If you're aiming for any significant power these manifolds can blow welds from the pressure. so i say anything under 600hp and you should be golden.
Old 06-30-12, 11:36 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trufanatic
Driftmotion gets their stuff from china, so you'll probably see no difference between theirs and the ebay stuff. The stock over the head manifold has been proven to flow 800hp with ease. If you're aiming for any significant power these manifolds can blow welds from the pressure. so i say anything under 600hp and you should be golden.
I think you're forgetting the PDV of these manifolds (panty dropping value).
Stock manifold averages 1.2-2.8 PDV @ bedroom.
The ebay manifolds are at least 9.1-10.0 PDV @ bedroom.

It would be great if you could do back to back dynos with this manifold. Give an idea of how the powercurve moves.
Old 06-30-12, 11:49 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY
I think you're forgetting the PDV of these manifolds (panty dropping value).
Stock manifold averages 1.2-2.8 PDV @ bedroom.
The ebay manifolds are at least 9.1-10.0 PDV @ bedroom.

It would be great if you could do back to back dynos with this manifold. Give an idea of how the powercurve moves.
depending on his turbo sizing the curve will more than likely shift to the right. he'll loose some bottom end but flow up top
Old 07-02-12, 05:01 PM
blackkarma
Driver School Candidate

Please let me clear this up I did not get this manifold for its PDV... now that you say that i might just have to throw it out b/c I’ve got to many kids as it is

Anyway I have not had it flow tested I have been debating about doing it. I will be doing back to back pulls on the dyno between it and the stock manifold by the end of next month or beginning of august depending on when time permits. If anyone is in the SOCAL area I will gladly let someone else test it out.

Yes, this manifold was made in china when you purchase it looks like **** on the inside flack everywhere and weak welds but when it comes down to it the design is just a mock of the veilside intake manifold. So if you take a little time and do things right like redoing the welding inside and out, do the proper clean up and some porting; you will end up with the same quality at a cheaper value.
Now if you guys have followed supraforums for a while you will know they flow tested the veilside and virtual works I modified my manifold is based on both. Originally the DM manifold comes with velocity stacks like the veilside manifold well during the test they proved that the virtual works manifold without stacks flowed better actually it had a 92% efficiency, the next problem with the veilside was the cylinders had uneven flow this happens when the cylinders aren’t volumetrically equal so I pressurized each cylinder using water to insure they held equal volume across each runner and adjusted accordingly. So theoretically if I put it on a flow bench I should be able to come close to the same efficiency as the virtual works. (Not saying it will just a theory)

When it comes to the welds as I said before I redid the entire manifold im pretty confident in my work and don’t expect to have any of the welds blow anytime soon but you never know there could be a first.

Now I’m no cheap skate I have paid 1500 for a custom manifold from Seth Ingram so I know what quality looks like. An seen what the professionals are doing this is why I took on this project I don’t think you have to be a rocket scientist to make an intake manifold just a little research and some skill.

I am planning on losing some bottom end but hopefully by running a 9.3 compression I can make up for the loss but we will see.
Old 05-07-17, 12:30 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bumping this, the damn thing does not fit.