Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 parts numbers diagrams, crazy electrical questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-12, 06:08 AM
thoraxe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 parts numbers diagrams, crazy electrical questions

I'm trying to find part numbers for all kinds of insane electrical bits. Coil connectors and those kind of things. I'm building a race car and will be wiring most of it from scratch. I've found a bunch of the part numbers, but I'm stuck on lighting right now.

I had downloaded all of the service manual-related pages from the Toyota Technical Information System (TIS - https://techinfo.toyota.com) but those manuals did not come with the part number diagrams.

Example: Tail lights
The electrical harness repair manual has the information for the tail light connector on the main harness. It is something like 11010. This is a funky 6-pin connector. Toyota only seems to sell the pins/terminals with wires attached. I would love to find a source for just the pins/terminals.

I could splice my own connector onto the tail lamp harness, and I guess that would be fine, but a "new" harness is going to be expensive and then I'm basically hacking it up.

I wouldn't mind it if I could find the actual bulb sockets and their corresponding pins/terminals/seals. Then I could build my own harness. It might not be cheaper, but I can't find any part numbers for those bulb sockets to figure it out.

This is just one example of my insanity - the tail lights. Now imagine that I also need to do head lights, blinkers/indicators and the wipers. I have all of the electrical schematics drawn up, but now I just need to find all the silly parts I need.

Is there a place to download/purchase/view the actual Toyota/Lexus part number diagrams? Is there a person willing to deal with my insanity over these inane little electrical connectors and terminals/pins and other doohickeys?