Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel System Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-11, 01:49 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Fuel System Picture Thread

I was using the stock fuel system until now. Those of you that upgraded to higher flowing setups using a bulkhead fuel fittimg on the gas tank cap (trunk side), can you post some pics of your setups?
Old 12-30-11, 06:04 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

heres mine currently however it will be changing in the next month

twin walbro 255 in tank feeding a -8 line to the rail and returns the stock line

the planned fuel setup is as following,

single 255 in tank, feeding a -8 AN line to a swirl/ expansion pot which then goes to dual Jay racing pro series 044s that will Y into a -10 to go up to the fuel rail. from the fuel raill it will return back from a -8 return line back into the expansion/swirl pot then that will have a return back into the tank.

truely its more complicated than most people need but I was having some fuel slosh last few events and id like to get away from that. all lines are SS teflon lines.

Last edited by Biggu; 12-30-11 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-30-11, 09:15 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Biggu,

Thank you, those pics are exactly what I was looking for . My plan is to use a simple -10AN feed line since I'm using an in-tank high-flow fuel pump. So, I'm curious how did you seal that blue bulk-head fitting through the gas tank cap and which fitting is it?

It seems like motorheaddown welded his bulkhead fitting to one of the gas tank caps, but does anyone know the ideal filler rod to use on these SC300 gas tank cap metals?
Old 12-31-11, 06:01 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

dejacky, I just just used a bulkhead fittings with the spacer gaskets and nuts and put a thick layer of silicone gasket on it as well works really well and i dont smell the fuel inside the car.

here is another way, this is on another car i purchased so im not sure how it was welded but hey its for sale haha.

2x-6 on the gas cap, which y's into a -8 up to the front
Old 01-06-12, 01:49 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Great pics, very helpful . I'm using a single -10AN feed from the gas tank (trunk side) because my fuel pump's speed is adjustable (PWM controlled).

Since I'm still using the oem fuel rail with a -6AN return fitting, my idea was to Y-split that output to the original fuel return and fuel feed line. Watcha think Biggu, bad idea or do-able?

My SC will run ethanol for high boost, hence my question.

Last edited by dejacky; 01-06-12 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-06-12, 06:46 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dejacky
Great pics, very helpful . I'm using a single -10AN feed from the gas tank (trunk side) because my fuel pump's speed is adjustable (PWM controlled).

Since I'm still using the oem fuel rail with a -6AN return fitting, my idea was to Y-split that output to the original fuel return and fuel feed line. Watcha think Biggu, bad idea or do-able?

My SC will run ethanol for high boost, hence my question.
I think you could do that but Id worry about where the stock feed will return to unless you put a piece of fuel hose on it and shove have it drain away from the tank. dont forget that the stock feed has that hose right on the inside of the access cover.
Old 01-06-12, 07:15 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Do you mean shove it away from the "Fuel Pump?" I was planning to just route it to the left of the pump as far as I could get away with a rigid line connecting from the top of that hard line behind the gas cap.
Old 01-06-12, 09:48 AM
mikesautos
Driver School Candidate

here is how i did mine

Old 01-17-12, 02:14 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

I learned the 3/8 inch diameter oem fuel hard lines can flow 1,000hp (& more)with a fuel pump inside the tank pushing the fuel. So, I'm mounting my variable speed fuel pump (150GPH rated) inside the tank to try it! I'll just use -6AN ss braded lines near fuel rail to connect to my aftermarket fuel filter too.

So, I want to remove the oem filter. Do you guys know of anyone who makes a same length pipe that replaces our oem filter so we can connect the fuel-feed hard lines?

Last edited by dejacky; 01-17-12 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-27-12, 01:46 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

When I removed the fuel feed banjo bolt, there is a second small hole that is plugged by the barbed fitting next to the banjo bolt. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket plug for the fuel feed line banjo fitting barb?
Old 01-27-12, 08:30 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dejacky
When I removed the fuel feed banjo bolt, there is a second small hole that is plugged by the barbed fitting next to the banjo bolt. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket plug for the fuel feed line banjo fitting barb?
i assume your talking about the banjo under the tank, if so no you will need to get a steel barb welded to it

btw here is my new fuel setup.

Old 05-20-12, 05:00 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

In your pictures, it looks like you're re-using the SC300 stock power and ground connectors on each side of the gas cap. Do you think I can do the same thing, but use thicker 6-gauge wire?

Originally Posted by Biggu

Old 05-20-12, 05:52 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

You might be able to do it but I dont think I would. It looks like the wiring on that harness got hot and started to melt. of course it could have done it on the install but I dont think I would trust it personally.
Old 05-21-12, 06:38 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for your prompt responses Biggu, much appreciated . Do you think the wires getting too hot is more a function of the wire gauge (thickness) or of using the tabs on each side of the fuel cap itself? (circled is what I was referring to earlier and thinking of re-using with 6 gauge wire if it's still safe)

Old 05-23-12, 05:33 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

honestly now that I think about it i dont think its a issue with the post and more of an issue with the small wiring so if you ran more the 6 gauge to it you may be fine.

Quick Reply: Fuel System Picture Thread