Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

help with fuel pump mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-11, 08:34 PM
scweetfl02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help with fuel pump mod

i have a 92 sc with a 1jzgte vvti and it had the fuel pump mod done to it.. i have questions

#1 is it safe to run the car like that? will it mess up any wiring or the pump?

#2 the two wires recently fused together? why did that happen? if both wires are positives why did they melt like that??

#3 i wanted to hook it up to the computer again but it wont work... does the ecu only work when you crank the engine or should it work when you open the switch? will i need a fuel pump ecu for a soarar or can i use any ecu from a regular sc 300?

plz help me with this issue.. the car is my daily and i have to repair it soon..
ty
Old 12-27-11, 09:46 PM
vangb2
Pole Position

1. It should be safe to run like that. It will not mess up the wiring or pump. But it will decrease the life span of the pump.

2. It should have not fused together. I don't know why it fused together. Both wires are not positive, one is a output and the other is a input.

3. You will have to connect everything back together in stock form if you want to use your FP ECU.

Maybe it will help if you take pictures and show how you bypass the ecu. Maybe you connected wrong?
Old 12-28-11, 06:11 AM
scweetfl02
Driver School Candidate

i tried it yesterday and it seems that the computer doesnt work... idk if the computer only sends out power when you crank the engine or if its supposed to send out power from the moment you turn on the ignition

and i have a 1jzgte vvti which isnt the same engine this car runs so im wondering what ecu could i use for this motor... idk if it makes a difference but i just wanna know.

and i found a link on here on how to do it (the fuel pump mod) and it was done the exact same way.. what i dont get is why did the wires burned up?...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post6908059

^^ thats the link it shows step by step procedures on how to do it