Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZGTE SC300 Dr.Tweek wiring into SC400

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-11, 09:46 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 1JZGTE SC300 Dr.Tweek wiring into SC400

I have heavily debated about buying a 1JZGTE with a single turbo from a friend of mine. My question is what additional wiring, if any, needs to be done on his current wiring? He sent it off to Dr. Tweek when he did his swap. Can anyone explain in detail or post a link or two. If I decide to buy this complete swap, I need to know what is needed in the wiring department.

A little about this setup. I believe a 1993 SC300 with W58 tranny, APEXI piggyback, boost gauges, 550cc injectors with resistor pack, single precision turbo, intercooler with 3 inch piping, and much more.. I just need a little help on the wiring issue. I hope its not a big deal breaker. I was really imprerssed with setup and the power curve in his car. I cant believe he wants more.. He has 403 hp and 397 torque to the wheels. The only thing I want to do is add cams, and a better standalone..

I have read several threads and done the search button, but I may have overlooking something to answer this. Everything I have found is a SC300.

Thanks..
Old 07-31-11, 11:04 AM
joeazy187
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for wiring you don't need anything its pnp but you will need a sc300 drive shaft, that is if your friend isn't selling his.
Old 07-31-11, 01:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Have you done this mod? I believe its not going to be a big deal as you state. Just plug and play. He is not selling me his driveshaft,radiator,fan shroud,or the motor mounts.
Old 08-02-11, 05:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Any more thoughts on this? I called Dr.Tweak yesterday and left a message. Still no return phone call. This is one of my decision making issues..
Old 08-02-11, 07:47 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw Tweak. Do it yourself.

I did it with an Automatic JZX90 1jz from a Chaser, none of the wiring was in English.

I searched for two weeks straight on Google. Many Australian Toyota Sites helped me.

So, you didn't search that hard.

Besides, if you are going to do cams and a standalone why worry about factory wiring?

Also your W58 won't like cams and more power if it is at 4 bills right now.

Things to Mull-over.
Old 08-02-11, 04:45 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

I'm a little confused here...are you buying a car that has been swapped already and ready to roll, or are you buying just the engine setup? If he's getting the wiring all done by Dr. Tweek then you're all set for plug and play action, not a huge deal there. As for raising the power bar, you want to drop what you're currently thinking mod-wise and start looking at a stronger transmission setup (either R154 or V160) because the W58 is very iffy in the 400 ft.lb. territory.
Old 08-02-11, 08:43 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved the fact I had no issues with my wiring. I sent to PHO tuning and no issues (18 months and going) Worth every dime!!!!
Old 08-03-11, 06:47 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just for the peace of mind have Tweak go through the harness for you and match the body plugs , dude even from year to year some SC300 body plugs are different So don't listen to that Guy that Said "Screw Tweak and do it your yourself" you are going to be the one dealing with the headaches and yes it's headaches if you don't know what your are doing and the last thing you wanna cheap out on is the wiring.
he will charge you couple hundreds maybe 200-250 to match the body plugs for you and everything else.
Don't rig you stuff up, if you don't know or don't have any experience let a professional take care of it for you.
This is why when you look in the classifieds all you see people selling their swaps because the crap is not done right, wanna be cheap and half a&& it then they lose interest because the car is garbage it's doesn't run after spending a couple hundreds $$ on it.
This is how i look at if i can't do it or I DON'T know how to do it i don't mind paying someone to do it for me, last thing you wanna do is frie you stuff then you will be in more deep crap...

Gl with your project.
Old 08-03-11, 08:57 AM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Just for the peace of mind have Tweak go through the harness for you and match the body plugs , dude even from year to year some SC300 body plugs are different So don't listen to that Guy that Said "Screw Tweak and do it your yourself" you are going to be the one dealing with the headaches and yes it's headaches if you don't know what your are doing and the last thing you wanna cheap out on is the wiring.
he will charge you couple hundreds maybe 200-250 to match the body plugs for you and everything else.
Don't rig you stuff up, if you don't know or don't have any experience let a professional take care of it for you.
This is why when you look in the classifieds all you see people selling their swaps because the crap is not done right, wanna be cheap and half a&& it then they lose interest because the car is garbage it's doesn't run after spending a couple hundreds $$ on it.
This is how i look at if i can't do it or I DON'T know how to do it i don't mind paying someone to do it for me, last thing you wanna do is frie you stuff then you will be in more deep crap...

Gl with your project.
well put, Nothing beats peace of mind.
Old 08-03-11, 10:44 AM
RoninEng
Driver

Being a bs audi tech i hate wiring and even though i wired my sbc swap in rx7, super easy, i still hate messing with it and have to agree that peace of mind is 100x better than the hassle of what if. Hope the swap works out for you
Old 08-03-11, 11:13 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks guys. I didn't really believe that guy anyway about screwing everyone and do it yourself. It seems he was the only the only one confused on what i was asking.

He has a 300 with the correct wiring from Dr.week for his 300 done. I just wanted to know what still has to be done for my 400 using his current modified Dr. Tweek wiring. That's all. He did respond to me in an email. Thanks for the input guys. I will not do anything half ***.. I am the guy that when starts something i do it right the first time. Again thanks for the inputs. Just assuring my thought process
Old 08-03-11, 11:48 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

When i first started with my first SC doing 1jz swap (which i will always regret but it was a learning process for me) i spent over $900.00 to get my harness done by Tweak when i got it it was almost brand new and PNP.
Everything worked on my car, i even pulled the engine out of that car since it was a 92 and swap the engine in my 95 Sc300 i had to move 3 wires around and swap my alternator problem fix.
Now i make my own harness , do my own wiring , help couple local guys with their swaps and wiring.
i used to hate wiring, still do sometimes . I Hate the toyota body plugs diagram because it's PIta the ECU pinout is great perfect on 2jz i know almost where every wire is located off the top of my head but the body side is little complicated very time consuming.

@1992lexus Yes do it right because you will be the one dealing with the issues later down the road.
did you get the motor yet? or just shopping around for the best deal? talk to Robert at Zerolift he is vendor on here he will hook you up with a good motor.
Old 08-04-11, 09:10 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry you guys, I thought this community at least knew how to use a ratchet, and a multi-meter.

You are right.

Pay someone a bunch of money, in the end you can say someone else did it, because "Peace of mind" is important.
Old 08-04-11, 11:40 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I like having peace of mind.. Its my car and I want it done right.. Thats all I wanted was some feedback for someone who has at least done the wiring themselves and could shed some light on here about it or post some links. Dr. Tweak has got a very good name on here and seems to provide a fast and reliable service to our SC community. Thats what I want to be a part of, not a wiring headache.
Old 08-04-11, 12:02 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Originally Posted by spoolxexo

Pay someone a bunch of money, in the end you can say someone else did it, because "Peace of mind" is important.
Who cares if someone doesn't do the work on their car? it's not that serious ..

So if i take my car to Sounds Performance and have them install the Proefi in my car does that make me A lesser mAn?
If i have the money and i can't do it i pay someone to do it who cares it's only money.

Last edited by 99SC42; 08-04-11 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 1JZGTE SC300 Dr.Tweek wiring into SC400