Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

driftmotion.com power steering hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 06:36 AM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just need to plug the two vacuum lines that normally would plug into the original powersteering hose. Pretty self explanatory. Those vacuum lines are just to keep your idle up while turning at a standstill. Helpful, but not essential.
Old 07-24-11, 09:02 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FutureSC
You just need to plug the two vacuum lines that normally would plug into the original powersteering hose. Pretty self explanatory. Those vacuum lines are just to keep your idle up while turning at a standstill. Helpful, but not essential.
Where you the one who created that thread? Can you post pics of which holes you need to plug and what's the best way to plug it?
Old 07-25-11, 05:51 PM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

No I was not the one who posted the thread. I don't have any pictures at the moment of the plugged vacuum lines but just follow the vacuum lines to where they plumb into the intake manifold and plug them with correctly sized rubber plugs that fit snugly over the nipples. Use a small worm gear to clamp them in place over the nipples.
Old 03-21-13, 07:37 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i currently have the dm hose installed however im not happy at all. I'm pretty sure i correctly installed the thing and it rode fine for a little while the only problem i had in the beginning was a very noisy p/s pump. However about two months in the hose sprung a leak and failed on me. not sure if anyone else has had the same problem but i did contact driftmotion and have yet to hear back from them about it. Now im not one to promote slander and i am not saying dm is a bad company. Ive done plenty business with them before and have never had a problem that wasn't due to my own stupidity. But i just find it ridiculous that the hose didn't last past a year.
Old 03-21-13, 08:12 AM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

I used braided on mine will never leak now lol. Cost ya like 130-160 somewhere in there to get two bungs welded on and the braided lines and look like a boss!!!
Old 03-21-13, 09:05 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I've had my DriftMotion high pressure PS hose for what, like 2 years? No issues since day one.
Old 03-21-13, 09:55 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by MKIVS374
I used braided on mine will never leak now lol. Cost ya like 130-160 somewhere in there to get two bungs welded on and the braided lines and look like a boss!!!
How?
Nube level details please.
Old 03-21-13, 12:28 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

I just got a high pressure line from Autozone for a MKIV Supra TT. Lifetime warranty and you don't eliminate both sensors.
Old 03-21-13, 12:31 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
I just got a high pressure line from Autozone for a MKIV Supra TT. Lifetime warranty and you don't eliminate both sensors.
Sounds smart!
How much? good for 1UZFE also?
Old 03-21-13, 12:44 PM
CaliTRDSC
Driver School Candidate

Does someone make a Stainless Steel replacement ? i got a leak to!
Old 04-09-13, 06:58 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

I'm in for some answers also I need the hoses also
Old 04-09-13, 07:08 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

What answers do you guys need? Go to driftmotion.com they have it there for sale. I've had mine for 2 years with no issues.
Old 04-10-13, 06:47 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

king phillip when you installed your what specifically if anything did you plug up? and does yours run noisy. I would like to try to fuigure out why mines got a hole in it if yours is still good.
Old 04-10-13, 09:08 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dms3603
king phillip when you installed your what specifically if anything did you plug up? and does yours run noisy. I would like to try to fuigure out why mines got a hole in it if yours is still good.
You can see pics and details on my thread regarding how to install it. If it runs noisy, like loud screeching sound, it's because of the air in the system. When you're on full stop, then it makes a distant screeching sound, that's normal, because you deleted the ventilation hoses which helps it build pressure when the car is on low RPM. If there's a hole in yours, I would think it's not Superman who made the hose, so that might just be a defective product.

One thing to note though, the steering feel is not the same as before with the OEM on these. I'm not sure if lowering my SC is a factor on the steering feel but the steering does feel much heavier than before. Another thing is, when you screw the nuts in the PS pump and rack, make sure to tighten the bolts enough that it'll not leak PS fluid, it would be pointless and really hard to fix if the nuts are loose. Good luck.
Old 04-10-13, 03:37 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I've had this hose on for coming up on 2 years. Mine has always leaked at the fittings. I cannot get it to seal. The crush washers don't fit very well on the fittings. I wrote them and they were aware, just said I had to center it as best as I could and tighten them nice and tight, but not too tight... Kind of annoying, I've even considered putting some JB weld on them to help but that seems like the wrong solution and I shouldn't have to do that.

Quick Reply: driftmotion.com power steering hose