Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Battery light flash low beams shut off ABS light comes on? WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-11, 09:31 PM
Ace2jz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Battery light flash low beams shut off ABS light comes on? WTF?

So I made a mistake and let my girl drive my car. When she came home she asked me if my lights come on whenever they want, I respond no they should stay on. I go outside to check and find out when I rev my engine around 2k RPM the lights will shut off, So I have to drive with high beams. I went to Advance Auto Parts to check out my Battery,Starter,and Alternator. My battery needed to be replaced so I replaced that but it showed my Starter and Alternator was fine any idea what could be making this weird problem?

First video me reving the car you can notice the battery light flash on the bottom right.
View My Video

The second video is me driving down the street you can see the battery light flash and the ABS Light come on
View My Video
Old 01-29-11, 10:04 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alternator. That is definatly what it is.

I don't care what advanced says, it's your alternator. They cant really test them until they are off (I work there)...

Also-ill go ahead and guess its a 400 and that your power steering pump is leaking onto it and causing it to fail.

EDIT: I was wrong on the 400 part after listening to video haha
Old 01-29-11, 10:08 PM
Ace2jz
Rookie

lol yea it has a 1j swap in it and thanks for the reply so you think i should just take off the alternator and test it at autozone?
Old 01-29-11, 10:09 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ace2jz
lol yea it has a 1j swap in it and thanks for the reply so you think i should just take off the alternator and test it at autozone?
I mean, you can, but if you have already replaced the battery and it is still doing the same thing, thats pretty much the only thing it can be. Check your ground wire and make sure its making a good connection, but I highly doubt thats what it is. I say alternator 99.98% sure
Old 01-29-11, 10:22 PM
Ace2jz
Rookie

alright ill give that a shot and i remember that i actually have a spare battery in my garage thats practically new will advance return the battery i bought?
Old 01-29-11, 10:25 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ace2jz
alright ill give that a shot and i remember that i actually have a spare battery in my garage thats practically new will advance return the battery i bought?
All of them are kind of different. I know my store manager is cool as hell and he likes to please his customers. If a customer has a recipt and says they said everything else was good and the battery was the problem, he would take it back in a heart beat. But we have to send those batteries back, so not every store manager is going to be too happy about that, but just be as nice as possible when you get there and explain the situation in some detail...I hope you can find out what is really wrong. BTW, the 2JZGE alternator is an upgrade for the 1jz. It puts out more voltage which helps out a little bit. Just thought you might like to know
Old 01-29-11, 10:28 PM
Ace2jz
Rookie

thanks much appreciated i can always count on CL members to help out