Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tired of the dildomatic shifter? Here's an idea.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-10, 11:39 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tired of the dildomatic shifter? Here's an idea.

The stock shifter is ugly as hell. I was going 6spd but, have decided to switch to TT Built auto and go the cheap route. I'll shortly be changing the interior to black, but I've been focusing on the drivetrain at the moment.

Anyways here's a brief write up for anyone interested in a shifter that looks good.
Parts
-Universal shift ****
-5 speed boot

Step 1. Rip the **** that you don't need off the auto shifter leaving the **** looking like this.

Step 2. Put the 5spd shift surround on.

Step 3. Put the **** on. you'll have to mess with it a bit to figure out the height that allows you to press it down and shift. You could also bypass the switch if you wanted it lower.

Step 4. Profit???
Old 02-12-10, 11:48 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good, but has been done before several times...but nice job..is that just a regular manual trans shift ****?
Old 02-12-10, 11:55 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Yeah, but I've only seen one picture on these forums. Some other guy did the boot and left the ugly shifter. It's a momo manual shift ****. I have all the gears as well. The pictures are in park.
Originally Posted by turbodremz
looks good, but has been done before several times...but nice job..is that just a regular manual trans shift ****?
Old 02-12-10, 12:17 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fried_rice
Yeah, but I've only seen one picture on these forums. Some other guy did the boot and left the ugly shifter. It's a momo manual shift ****. I have all the gears as well. The pictures are in park.
Nice job man can you go a little more into it on how you got the **** on and to work. Is it still push pown can you make little vid and what **** is that looks like a momo but u said universal ?
Old 02-12-10, 12:18 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Huge improvement and def a cheaper alternative to the gated shifter
Old 02-12-10, 12:21 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...o-shifter.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ic-pics-5.html
Old 02-12-10, 12:32 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Yes we all know that there are other threads like this out there but everyones is different and so is this one. Different **** and different method of install, I have been wanting to do something like this but since the other threads (the exact same ones u posted) are not very clear and leave more questions than answers i havent done it so hopefully this one would be a bit better and plus this **** looks better
Old 02-12-10, 12:35 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Oh I know they are all different, just stating its been done before...but not with a manual shift ****..and I can say that this thread caught my attention more just cause he didnt use an automatic shifter.

to the OP, Im not trying to dog your thread, but you have inspired me to start getting some parts together for something similar now that you have confirmed it can be done with pretty much any shift ****.
Old 02-12-10, 12:45 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Nice job man can you go a little more into it on how you got the **** on and to work. Is it still push pown can you make little vid and what **** is that looks like a momo but u said universal ?
The **** comes with rubber grommets that adapt to fit of the stock shifter cylinder plastic thing. I did no grinding or anything, I cut a bit of plastic off with some pliers and that's it.
http://www.autoanything.com/shifters...aspx?kc=affpfx
This took about 25 minutes to do so it's not a huge project. Just unscrew the stuff that's in the way and put the **** on. It screws on with three allen head screws.

Here's the video. I don't have a transmission or a batery so it doesn't shift like it will with it installed, notice I have to push the safety release to move it.
http://img30.imageshack.us/i/mov01125.mp4/
Old 02-12-10, 12:49 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

No problem, I'm not very active here and didn't see the other threads you linked, I appreciate that. I actually just copied what people did on supraforums. Seeing how this mod is $150 and can be done in under an hour with no technical knowledge, I thought I'd share it here.

They replace the momo sticker with trd, I'm prolly to lazy to do that.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...uto+shift+****

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Oh I know they are all different, just stating its been done before...but not with a manual shift ****..and I can say that this thread caught my attention more just cause he didnt use an automatic shifter.

to the OP, Im not trying to dog your thread, but you have inspired me to start getting some parts together for something similar now that you have confirmed it can be done with pretty much any shift ****.
Old 02-12-10, 01:34 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fried_rice
No problem, I'm not very active here and didn't see the other threads you linked, I appreciate that. I actually just copied what people did on supraforums. Seeing how this mod is $150 and can be done in under an hour with no technical knowledge, I thought I'd share it here.

They replace the momo sticker with trd, I'm prolly to lazy to do that.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...uto+shift+****
So it is a momo ****, thanks for your time bro i will be jumping on this In the video what are u pressing ????

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 02-12-10 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-12-10, 04:15 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update???
Old 02-12-10, 04:21 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

nicely done
Old 02-12-10, 05:36 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
So it is a momo ****, thanks for your time bro i will be jumping on this In the video what are u pressing ????
It's a momo shift **** I bought it from here.
http://www.autoanything.com/shifters...CJ&PID=3179980

The shifter connects to the unlocking mechanism, you simply press down on the whole shift ****; It's the same as pressing the button on the top of the stock shifter. I was also pressing the emergency release under the shift boot because I was unable to press the brake to release it from its lock.
Old 02-12-10, 06:30 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I wonder if the o/d switch/button could be wired to work with the stock radio vol/power ****?

Quick Reply: Tired of the dildomatic shifter? Here's an idea.