Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz running problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-10, 01:24 PM
got-sc?
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz running problems!!!

Hey there i recently got my sc300 with a 1jz swap done and went single turbo. It has stock injectors with a soarer ecu.The car is untuned .Now for the problems: the car ran fine for about 100 miles with no problems at all.The other day i was going to the bank and the gas light was on for a while, so while i was pulling up the car was acting like it was going to die and started to bog. This was the exact same symptom as when i was out of gas before. I finally got the car to a gas station 1/10 up ahead and filled her up. She was acting fine for 2 miles then the same thing started to happen. She was bogging and smoking alot and was hitting boost too early with no power also there was a loud popping noise coming out of the down pipe(open downpipe). Now she wont even start and just cranks over.I do not have a o2 sensor hooked up but i do have the wideband bung welded on the down pipe so that i can eventually get it in.Someone told me that since there is no o2 sensor hooked up that the computer is not knowing whats going on and probably sending a lot of fuel. Is this true? Even if i had the wideband hooked up it would not have anything to do with the computer.And if i reset the ecu would this reset everything?(how do you reset the ecu?). Also the ignitor acts up, i had to start the car by hitting the ignitor. COuld a faulty ignitor cause this much problems? Ill post a vid, you can hear a sound like fuel pouring coming from the bottom right of the head. Let me know what this can be, remember this happened randomly any suggestions would help!!
Heres the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl-Y3vOD9Sc
Old 01-16-10, 02:08 PM
mptjimmy
Pole Position

check the ignitors and coils to start
Old 01-17-10, 04:06 PM
got-sc?
Rookie

Well now it will starts when it want to but it idles low and i have to gas to keep alive and it still bogs. Can anyone Chime in on this????
Old 01-17-10, 06:37 PM
Drkgreensc
Driver School Candidate

Connect the factory o2 sensor back when I did my single swap on my supra with a 1jz it did the samething till I got the car to the muffler shop to get a flange welded on to my downpipe so I could put on the factory o2 sensor just a hint....
Old 01-17-10, 06:45 PM
DJ420a
Pole Position

When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?
Old 01-18-10, 12:12 AM
got-sc?
Rookie

Originally Posted by Drkgreensc
Connect the factory o2 sensor back when I did my single swap on my supra with a 1jz it did the samething till I got the car to the muffler shop to get a flange welded on to my downpipe so I could put on the factory o2 sensor just a hint....
ill jack the car up tomorrow and make sure that i have the conecter to even go into the o2 sensor.

Originally Posted by DJ420a
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?
I belive its the original. i only had the car for 1 month. ill get a new one tomorrow. Can a bad fuel filter cause this much problems randomly??

Last edited by got-sc?; 01-18-10 at 12:13 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-18-10, 02:38 AM
DJ420a
Pole Position

Yes, I know from experience lol
Old 01-25-10, 10:27 PM
got-sc?
Rookie

ok i changed the fuel filter and still the same problems. From the video towards the end, the sound that it makes, is that normal coming from the injector area??? Can any of you turn on key on postition for me and hear from your motor and tell me if that is normal?? Any more suggestions??
Old 01-26-10, 12:08 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

I Dont think the noise is normal - Checked spark in all Cylinders (Pull plug/Screw driver Next to it and turn over)?

its def not Firing in all cylinders thats for sure by the way its bucking interm.

Faulty ignitor COuld be ALL the problems.

More info on the car would be nice:
year
Fuel Pump?
ran Fine before,with Stock Twins for 1 month till now?
Checked ECU (opened)
Checked Ignitor (w/ another or opened it even)
Plugs?
Old 01-26-10, 04:34 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you let your fuel level get that low you could have burned up the fuel pump (intank pump, uses the fuel to cool it). Check plugs, ignitor, fuel filter, fuel injectors, and while you're doing that clean your throttle body and maf/map sensor.
Old 01-27-10, 04:44 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuel pump ECU dying ?
Old 01-28-10, 10:20 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Check the ECU they all go bad at one point on the 1JZs, try another working ECU.
I bet that's your problem GL sir.
Old 01-30-10, 09:03 PM
got-sc?
Rookie

Originally Posted by BigManne
Fuel pump ECU dying ?
when i changed the filter i saw fuel pour out, would that mean that the ecu is good???

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Check the ECU they all go bad at one point on the 1JZs, try another working ECU.
I bet that's your problem GL sir.
How do i check the ecu. is there any tools i can use???? please let me know??? theres spark in the spark plugs but in some of them the spark is really low. could bad coil packs be a problem???? I sprayed starter fluid in the manifold and still no start, so it cant be a fuel problem,right???
Old 01-31-10, 08:42 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car would never run right for a month without an O2 sensor the ECU would not know how to make proper adjustments.

In the video it sounds like you are misfiring. Pull the plugs and check for lots of fuel cause you may be flooded.

I was looking at someones car just last night in person that sounds and acted exactly the same AND he has no o2 sensor as well.
Old 01-31-10, 10:31 AM
Snx37
Rookie

I think it's the igniter. My car had the same symptoms it would not let me rev past 1.5 k

Quick Reply: 1jz running problems!!!