Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc400 tranny slips help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 10:49 PM
jtrittin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc400 tranny slips help!

hi i have a 92 lexus sc400 and the tranny slips when i put it to the floor, but not when i am driving normal. can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
Old 12-07-09, 11:18 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have it rebuilt.
Old 12-08-09, 10:35 PM
jtrittin
Driver School Candidate

alright i know i mean a quick fix... i.e. tranny flush, better fluid... are there any tricks for the sc400 transmission, i know it has that "ect pwr/normal" thing, would that have anything to do with it? im active duty military and really dont have the time or the money to deal with rebuilding a tranny.

Last edited by jtrittin; 12-10-09 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-08-09, 10:45 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

***? Nice....I guess you could try everything you mentioned and all the special additives at Pep-Boys/Autozone, but in the end there's no quick fix that'll keep the internal clutches from slipping....therefore: Have it rebuilt....Little advice, lose the attitude and perhaps others will be more willing to offer there opinions...I would have expected better from a U.S. Serviceman..
Old 12-09-09, 01:59 AM
Jfg kevin
Driver

Yah bro...that was totally uncalled for... The man answer your question legitly. I would advice you if you dont have anything good to say...DONT say it at all..!!..ESPECIALLY if you asking for HELP..!!
Old 12-09-09, 04:30 AM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude are ****ing kidding me, Gspec was helping you and call him an ***...........dude just go away. If your tranny is slipping there is no QUICK fix when you have a slipping transmission and obviously Gspec knows that as does any person with half a brain, now go get the tranny rebuilt and stay off of CL you are not welcomed. If you cant afford to do that then sell the SC and get a cheaper car because there is going to be much more expensive repairs in the near future.
Old 12-10-09, 10:59 PM
jtrittin
Driver School Candidate

Default woa

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
If your tranny is slipping there is no QUICK fix when you have a slipping transmission and obviously Gspec knows that as does any person with half a brain, now go get the tranny rebuilt and stay off of CL you are not welcomed.
so everyone in the world is supposed to instantly know everything about cars, i havent done more than a tranny flush and an oil change on a car, and im supposed to know that there is no quick fix for a slipping tranny. just lookin for some advice. and woa i definitly didnt mean that *** comment, thats just the way i talk me and my boys say that kinda **** all the time. sry if i offended gspec or anyone else... i was not trying to be a **** at all. thanks for the advice gspec.