Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

safc instaill throttle stays on 0.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 10:31 AM

Default safc instaill throttle stays on 0.0

i jsut instailed my safc everything seems to work but throttle and karmonn seem to stay in 0.0 did i do somthing wrong?
Old 08-08-09, 10:41 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what kind of connectors did you use? or did you splice and solder the connections? did you set it to 6 cylinder with the throttle up?
Old 08-08-09, 10:51 AM

i used splice connectors....yea is on 6 clyinder...the thorttle is like angle up
is it suposte to be stright up?
Old 08-08-09, 10:52 AM

also what about karmonn? what is karmonn?? thanks
Old 08-08-09, 12:02 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to the check sensor menu. see if the voltage changes as you press the pedal. If not, then you have a loose connection. If yes, then you need to train the safc to know what the throttle "range" is.

As for the karman, your car should be on to read anything and using the karman wires. If your car is a 96+, you do not have a karman sensor, you have a hotwire sensor and need to use different wires.
Old 08-08-09, 12:19 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djkevin510
i used splice connectors....yea is on 6 clyinder...the thorttle is like angle up
is it suposte to be stright up?
nope..sounds like you have that correct.

Originally Posted by djkevin510
also what about karmonn? what is karmonn?? thanks
karmon is the maf sensor type on 92 to 95..96 and up are hotwire like sc-driver said.

Originally Posted by sc-driver
go to the check sensor menu. see if the voltage changes as you press the pedal. If not, then you have a loose connection. If yes, then you need to train the safc to know what the throttle "range" is.

As for the karman, your car should be on to read anything and using the karman wires. If your car is a 96+, you do not have a karman sensor, you have a hotwire sensor and need to use different wires.
good catch..i forgot to ask what year his sc was
Old 08-08-09, 01:57 PM

I have a 92 how do I train the safc? Ill check to see if the volts change when I step on the pedal wheb I get home thanks
Old 08-08-09, 04:26 PM

ok i checked the volt its changes when i brake...but not when i gas... can you guys show me where the throttle cable go's so i can recheck my connections...im pretty shure i did it right... i used club na-t for the instail directions...
Old 08-09-09, 11:08 AM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the apexi page they have all the official documentation to help you.
http://apexi-usa.com/info/?id=5383

If you push on the brake pedal and the voltage changes for the throttle, then obviously its the wrong wire. Re-look at diagrams from apexi to make sure you got the right ones.

To train the safc, there is a menu for it in the settings. Go to that menu where you put 6 cylinders and the throttle arrow angled "up". Press select, or "right" while highlighting the arrow, you should be able to train it.

For the karman sensor, make sure you used the correct colored wires. Karman uses different colored wires on the safc.

Hope I helped you out!