Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My 94 build up!! NA-T

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 08:44 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 94 build up!! NA-T

Well i have decided to post up the build thread in the performance section, because i know im going to have a lot of motor related questions and problems.

The car is a 1994 sc300 5-speed. Started the build like 4 months ago, ran into some terrible problems with xs-power kit......regret......and its still barely running...

Motor:

XSPower T61
XSPower manifold and downpipe
12x24x3" polished aluminum front mount intercooler
XSPower 40mm wastegate
polished stainless steel dump tube
50mm Tial style BOV replica
FPR with new fuel lines
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
MK3 440cc injectors
Dual Stage Boost Controller
MAP ECU 1
Innovative LC-1 with red led display
Spec stage 3 clutch (unistalled)

And here a few pics, feel free to share all comments.

Old 11-17-08, 09:06 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

well here is the first problem im running into, when everything was installed, we started the car drove under 2k for about a mile or so, and the clutch started to slip so we were like ok.... well as time went on under the car these huge puddles of oil started to appear.here is what i think happened but i would like some opinions on this.....we initally start car, clutch starts to slip, rear main is leaking oil on clutch. Why did the rear main blow out so quickly? oil pressure i assume? Im using a 45 degree fitting on the drain of the turbo and a 90 for the feed. would those fittings be a factor in the dramatic raise in oil pressure? i mean it all happend so fast the change must have been instant correct. i feel like i kinda rambled there...
Old 11-18-08, 02:43 PM
zak456
Driver School Candidate

i don't know about the seal but, why do you regret the xs power kit.
Old 11-18-08, 03:18 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't think your supposed to use a 90 degree fitting for the return but use a 45 degree instead due to less flow going into your oil pan. did you floor it or anything during that 1 mile? if not, i don't see why the clutch would slip already, maybe it was just time for a new clutch? where did you get your intercooler piping from, did you have to clock your flange on the turbo mani to clear the distrubuter and did you have to modified your downpipe that came w/ the xs power kit?
Old 11-18-08, 03:25 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah what is wrong with the XS Power Kit? Sounds like a user, not a hardware error.
Old 11-18-08, 05:38 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC300_704
i don't think your supposed to use a 90 degree fitting for the return but use a 45 degree instead due to less flow going into your oil pan. did you floor it or anything during that 1 mile? if not, i don't see why the clutch would slip already, maybe it was just time for a new clutch? where did you get your intercooler piping from, did you have to clock your flange on the turbo mani to clear the distrubuter and did you have to modified your downpipe that came w/ the xs power kit?
deff, no flooring with in the first mile for sure. bought the piping on ebay

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Yeah what is wrong with the XS Power Kit? Sounds like a user, not a hardware error.
it's like a half and half mark at xs power sent me the wrong hardware kit, and i waited so long after i bought the kit to put it on, any warranty i had was already up and he was just an *** about it. and some of it was letting my friend help me with it.(not letting hat happen again). And as far as quality is concened im more than happy with everything, i mean i do wish i spent the money on a better kit, but i suppose this really isnt terrible.
Old 11-18-08, 06:29 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

looks good but i sure hope youll be cleaning that up. cant wait for vids and numbers!
Old 11-18-08, 08:02 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

o ya, it will deff be cleaner. The interior is a complete disaster pictures will come below...

i having a hard time deciding what i want to as far as styling. I have the wheels picked out already will post a pic of them as well. Thats what im building the car around.
Old 11-18-08, 08:10 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Oh ok gotcha. That is weird though, Mark is usually a really nice and great guy. Of course I would love to have a Boost Logic kit but for the price and the power I got from the kit, it can't be beat. Quality is pretty good, although I am on my second turbo (got the kit from my friends shop, before XS Power got big), I only paid $300 for my current one and I am making around 400rwhp. Keep us updated
Old 11-18-08, 08:54 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

id love to have a BL kit too. and ya everyone told me mark was areally nice guy. i was shocked he was really nice when i spending the money but when i had problems he was never around, but ill quit ragging on him. Im hoping to get this car finished up by mid jan.
Old 11-19-08, 10:27 AM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

so as far as what i wanna do with exterior, im going to either go with a set of Ti 5 wheels in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5

ive also got a dual blitz nur spec exhaust that needs to get put on.

and either paint the car purple and put it on gold wheels with like a vertex kit on coils

or stock royal jade with sc400 lip and coils and the gold wheels

or white with the sc400 lip and the black wheels with like smoked tails, heads. just going with like a black and white theme.

Let me know what you all think...any more ideas?
Old 11-19-08, 03:50 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

i said i would throw up some interior pics, so here they are....

im actually going to put the glove box back in right now

Last edited by trbo1stgen; 11-19-08 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-19-08, 03:54 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

what number is the bulb in our low beam projector, im getting an HID kit and need to know
Old 11-19-08, 05:39 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Low Beams - 9006
High Beams - 9005
Old 11-19-08, 08:41 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

thanks man.....
pic of the wheels im getting, there not a like a super expensive/ exclusive wheel but they look sick and they have a nasty 5" lip in the rear. and they are 19x9.5 and 19x10.5

and my mufflers that will be mated to 3" catless piping.(sorry for crappy cell phone pics)

Quick Reply: My 94 build up!! NA-T