Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Any ideas about this 7mgte clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 01:33 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas about this 7mgte clutch pedal?

Does anyone know if it's possible to bolt on a 7mgte clutch pedal onto a sc300?
Old 06-19-08, 01:37 PM
32SC
Pit Crew

2jzlex did it in his swap:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=355167
wrong section BTW
Old 06-19-08, 01:39 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

7mgte is a motor. mk3 supra is a chassis

you can use the mk3 supra clutch pedal along with the mk3 supra clutch master cylinder.
Old 06-19-08, 02:08 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Maa bad.. I meant the mkiii clutch pedal. Okay, so it'll bolt right up to the sc300 as long as I use the mkiii clutch mastercylinder?
Old 06-19-08, 04:59 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yes sir
Old 06-19-08, 05:08 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Okay.. so far so good.. What about the mkiii clutch master cylinder, would it fit onto the sc300? I'm talking about the 2 studs that go through the firewall to the interior. Are they lined up perfectly after I drill through the pre-drilled holes of the firewall?
Old 06-19-08, 10:22 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

MOVED!..to proper section.

Are you doing an auto to 5spd swap??? I did two already. Im about to do my brother's SC next month. Where in San Jose are you? Maybe I can take a look.
Old 06-20-08, 12:48 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take you through it step by step in the link that he was kind enough to provide.... you're definately going to want to read through it if you are using the MKIII pedal assymbley and master cylinder. It does NOT bolt right up. good luck.

jon

Last edited by 2jzlex; 06-20-08 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-20-08, 11:46 AM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
MOVED!..to proper section.

Are you doing an auto to 5spd swap??? I did two already. Im about to do my brother's SC next month. Where in San Jose are you? Maybe I can take a look.
Honestly, I'm not looking to start my conversion until September of this year. I do have most of the parts already, but I've lost some from my previous wrecked SC. The good news is I just paid for a set of mk3 clutch/brake pedals. I paid $60.00, l0l... and shipped to my door. I'll let you know though. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
yes sir
So I guess you're wrong about the mkiii clutch pedal 5spd_jzz30.

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-20-08 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-20-08, 03:20 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

The MKIII pedal/master cylinder WILL work. But it doesn't bolt right up is what I meant. You cannot use the stock cutout pattern, studs, and you have to find a way to extend the connecting rod between the master cylinder and pedal. Not to mention getting those nuts on the backside of those studs to hold them together is major PITA. O yeah and some cutting.. To save you time and trouble, and if you're not gonna start the swap unitl later on, take the time to find an SC3 pedal assymbley and master cylinder. Mine works perfectly but if I had to do it again I would find the SC parts.
Old 06-20-08, 05:14 PM
JJsc3
Driver

The worse parts about this forum is having people assume things will work without even having experienced it. God... Unbelievable. I'll find a way though; I'm not going to let 5spd_jzz30 screw me over like this. What da hell was he talking about?
Old 06-20-08, 05:19 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JJsc3
The worse parts about this forum is having people assume things will work without even having experienced it. God... Unbelievable. I'll find a way though; I'm not going to let 5spd_jzz30 screw me over like this. What da hell was he talking about?
Dude stop being cheap and get the right pedels for the car. Supra pedels was meant for a supra. You can get a clutch pedal from any lexus dealer on this planet.
Old 06-20-08, 06:11 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Dont blame 5 spd, there are alot of members that give out rando information thinking its correct just cuz they read it somewhere, I think we have all done our fair share of that. IIRC 5spd is ALL ABOUT the "cheaper" ways anyhow.. If you are deadset on making it work, just be ready for some cusswords.

Good luck
Jon
Old 06-20-08, 06:43 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by sc250tt
Dude stop being cheap and get the right pedels for the car. Supra pedels was meant for a supra. You can get a clutch pedal from any lexus dealer on this planet.
Hey DUDE..., I ain't no cheap as alright? SC300 pedals are pretty rare alright DUDE? Quit trying to come up rude behind the monitor. And I ain't gonna pay no stealership that kind of money for brand new parts alright DUDE? I'm pretty **** right now, and the last thing I need is someone to accuse of being cheap.. So lay off and and don't even talk to me. You wana talk, email me jjsc3@yahoo.com.

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Dont blame 5 spd, there are alot of members that give out rando information thinking its correct just cuz they read it somewhere, I think we have all done our fair share of that. IIRC 5spd is ALL ABOUT the "cheaper" ways anyhow.. If you are deadset on making it work, just be ready for some cusswords.

Good luck
Jon
You're right though bro.. My bad.., it ain't 5spds. fault. I do the same sht sometimes too. Well at least someone has the decency to talk politely to me.

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-20-08 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-20-08, 08:09 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JJsc3
Hey DUDE..., I ain't no cheap as alright? SC300 pedals are pretty rare alright DUDE? Quit trying to come up rude behind the monitor. And I ain't gonna pay no stealership that kind of money for brand new parts alright DUDE? I'm pretty **** right now, and the last thing I need is someone to accuse of being cheap.. So lay off and and don't even talk to me. You wana talk, email me jjsc3@yahoo.com.
If you need 5spd parts ALIGA usually has them in stock. I know they are kind of rare. It took me almost a year to get all my parts for my car. When my brother blew his tranny on his original 5spd, it had taken me about 3 months to source a replacement 5spd tranny. And this was shipped all the way from new york. But yeah do send me a message when you are ready to get started on the swap. Also, my best recommendation for you would be to get the SC 5spd pedal. Avoid less headaches and I think they run for almost as much as the MK3 pedal assembly you got. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Any ideas about this 7mgte clutch pedal?