Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hydrogen injection

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-08, 08:01 PM
tritron
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydrogen injection

I was searching for hydrogen generators and came to website that sells kit to turn water into hydrogen and the it gets injected into air intake. I guess the kit comes with pigy back to lean out fuel. It claims that it doubles mpg.
Old 06-08-08, 10:45 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.drivewithwaterfuel.com I have never seen it before but.... from what I was reading it's a buy the "how to and part list" from them for 50 bucks. I wouldn't mind trying it on a beater engine. I just can't believe any small scale system will produce enough hydrogen to power a car or as much as they claim. Plus I don't believe everything I read on the internet.
Old 06-09-08, 09:30 AM
tcrow31
Pole Position

im trying this for the hell of it.
Old 06-09-08, 11:02 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tcrow31
im trying this for the hell of it.
If you get it please share the list they send you. I will also give it a shot on a rental LOL.
Old 06-09-08, 11:41 AM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TLDriver
If you get it please share the list they send you. I will also give it a shot on a rental LOL.
Ima prolly order the "guide" tonight. I just bought at SC3 for 800 bucks with a blown trans to rebuild and sell but I think it just turned into my mule
Old 06-09-08, 08:01 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

If you are up to this let me know i am always up for donating for a cause.
Old 06-09-08, 09:27 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CThompsen
If you are up to this let me know i am always up for donating for a cause.
I already ordered the guide...only one problem they do not explain how to set it up with fuel injection...lol

The HHO generator design and power source is good though to be used just need to research how to deal with the O2 sensor part and tuning. I got a good idea on what to do though.
Old 06-10-08, 10:43 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tcrow31
I already ordered the guide...only one problem they do not explain how to set it up with fuel injection...lol

The HHO generator design and power source is good though to be used just need to research how to deal with the O2 sensor part and tuning. I got a good idea on what to do though.
If there is anything I can help with let me know.
Old 06-10-08, 12:05 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TLDriver
If there is anything I can help with let me know.
Cool thanks man.

This is gonna take some time to do. If anyone else is interested in attemping this check out this web site. http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html
You do not really need to purchase the plans like I did. There is a lot of info on this guy and his design. He claimed to have totally convert a gas powered car to HHO, but sadly died when he was poisoned while eating dinner at a local restaurant. According the biography on that site he jumped up from dinner yelled he had been poisoned ran to the parking lot and died. There is a vid of his dune buggy he converted over and a lot of PDF files with some schematics and info.
Old 06-10-08, 12:07 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.pwmpower.com

These guys sell pulse width modulators which can be use to improve the efficiency of HHO generators. They also sell an EFI O2 module for a pretty decent price for fuel injected cars. Not excactly sure how it is calibrated and such, but worth a try I guess.
Old 06-10-08, 01:18 PM
Steelwheel
Driver

I don't want to sound like a spoiler here, but it goes against the laws of physics.

After researching, you should find that it takes more energy to split Hydrogen and Oxygen with electrolysis than you can possibly get out of it via combustion or as a combustion additive in an internal combustion engine.

It would be great if it works. The world would no longer need any other energy source. All other energy sources would become obselete and expensive in comparison.

There have been many many claims over the years (decades and decades ago) of this type of device working. This is similar to people that claim they have a perpetual motion machine.

Regards,

Tim
Old 06-10-08, 02:03 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Dude, this works. It isn't a fuel replacement, it is an enhancer. It basically makes the gas you are already burning a little more efficient. The most you will see is about a 25% increase in economy. By no means will it run by itself.
Old 06-10-08, 02:39 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
Dude, this works. It isn't a fuel replacement, it is an enhancer. It basically makes the gas you are already burning a little more efficient. The most you will see is about a 25% increase in economy. By no means will it run by itself.
Not only that but it claims to be burning cleaner with it and also claims to bring up the octane preventing knocks. might be good for the turbo guys as well.
Old 06-10-08, 02:48 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

I wouldn't run it on a turbo....NO WAY!!! The volume needed will not even be close, also there is really no way to regulate it.

HHO does not really work on acceleration, but more for cruising. Your ECU has been tuned to dump in soo much fuel under soo much load. Some O2 feedback is used, but under hard acceleration, it relies mostly on the programmed map.

For CRUISING, during closed loop O2 feedback, the ECU relies greatly on the O2 sensor. If you introduce hydrogen into the intake system, the O2 sensor will see that less fuel is needed. It will also cool engine temps and increase octane rating.

I would bet that around town driving, you will see very little change in MPG, but highway cruising will see great improvement.

HHO is for the commuter, not the grocery getter.

If you want to save on gas, convert to CNG. At less than $2.00($0.70 here in utah wohoo), that is where savings can really be made.
Old 06-10-08, 03:22 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Steelwheel
I don't want to sound like a spoiler here, but it goes against the laws of physics.

After researching, you should find that it takes more energy to split Hydrogen and Oxygen with electrolysis than you can possibly get out of it via combustion or as a combustion additive in an internal combustion engine.

It would be great if it works. The world would no longer need any other energy source. All other energy sources would become obselete and expensive in comparison.

There have been many many claims over the years (decades and decades ago) of this type of device working. This is similar to people that claim they have a perpetual motion machine.

Regards,

Tim
Research Stan Myers.... He was able to produce enough HHO with a half a amp. He also has a US Patient for the device in other words if it didn't work or was not possible he would not have a patient for the device because they would not issue him one. Its not standard electrolysis when using a PWM. There is several of youtube vids showing his device in action. There is even one of a Filiapino guy who did it on Toyota and it runs solely on water.
Ive been researching different ways to stick it to the oil companies since they see fit to stick it to me...lol. I have been on this E85 trip for a bit till the HHO thing. I will continue to research and develop this as a HHO/Gas Hybird see what i can get out of it. If God willing maybe be able to eventually cut big oil all together wouldn't that be nice. Anyways back to work.

-Tim

Quick Reply: Hydrogen injection