Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

EGR delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 09:20 AM
Datboi84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone done this on the regular sc300 not the na-t? It seems like everytime i read about it everyone says its a must for a na-t but not sure if people do it on the regular NA.
Old 04-17-11, 11:37 AM
knear
Driver School Candidate

so i got a gs300 and im goin to take the egr off and have the block off plates made myself and im not runnin a turbo but wish i was lol but what vac lines can i take off after that cause the reason im doin it is so when somethin does happen i dont have 20 diff vac lines to go through and will it hurt my motor
Old 04-28-11, 03:33 PM
tpham86
Pole Position

when you use the resistor, do you cutoff the plug and solder it inline?
Old 06-16-11, 09:12 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Datboi84
has anyone done this on the regular sc300 not the na-t?
this is what i'm trying to find. i cant verify which hoses to cap off and which ones i need to reroute.

if anyone know this please *chime in*..
Old 06-17-11, 01:21 PM
Sk8tehwake
Rookie

Yupp just follow those diagrams on page 1
Old 10-24-11, 08:14 AM
SOLID300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Here's a quick MS Paint drawing of the underhood vacuum chart. The two lines in green are the two that I retained. In addition, I have one line from the intake manifold over to the heater valve by the charcoal canister, and one line from the throttle body down to my wastegate. I have another one ran to the blow-off valve which isn't shown on this chart.

All of the metal hardlines are gone, and the few things left over (the two on the throttle body that aren't being used) are capped off.

Only thing I dont understand about this is the delete of the actuator that is located inbetween the y-pipe and the intake chamber. Isnt there another flapper in the intake that is controlled by that actuator?
Old 04-10-12, 02:22 PM
High PSI
Advanced

What do you do with the VSV? Can this just be unplugged and pulled out completely? No need to do anything with the wiring here?
Old 05-07-12, 06:18 PM
DrtSwinger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by High PSI
What do you do with the VSV? Can this just be unplugged and pulled out completely? No need to do anything with the wiring here?
I am curious about this too.... I am replacing valve cover gaskets and decided to rip out the egr. Should I leave it plugged in?
Old 05-07-12, 08:21 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrtSwinger
I am curious about this too.... I am replacing valve cover gaskets and decided to rip out the egr. Should I leave it plugged in?
To answer the question about the VSV - Ieft it in place plugged in, but it's not hooked up to anything.

I pulled out the whole EGR for a few reasons, in this order:

1) Just one less thing to screw with when changing plugs or cams

2) Weight savings

3) Performance? People mentioned better throttle response...I didn't really notice anything, but I probably don't drive the car often enough to notice small minute changes.

I kept it all in case i need it for emissions, but it seems that the general consensus is that you should be fine as long as you get the cat hot-enough prior to getting sniffed.
Old 05-07-12, 09:04 PM
DrtSwinger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by High PSI
To answer the question about the VSV - Ieft it in place plugged in, but it's not hooked up to anything.

I pulled out the whole EGR for a few reasons, in this order:

1) Just one less thing to screw with when changing plugs or cams

2) Weight savings

3) Performance? People mentioned better throttle response...I didn't really notice anything, but I probably don't drive the car often enough to notice small minute changes.

I kept it all in case i need it for emissions, but it seems that the general consensus is that you should be fine as long as you get the cat hot-enough prior to getting sniffed.
Thanks, I am somewhat of a neat freak and wanted to remove them if possible, but didnt want open connectors or thrown codes. I just ordered my block plates from boost logic and have pretty much taken everything out egr-related. I'm guessing it's the egr that caused all this nasty buildup inside the manifold and throttle body? Good riddance.
Old 05-07-12, 10:50 PM
BenReese
Driver School Candidate

Cool info!
Old 11-08-12, 09:37 PM
Kakaroto
Driver School Candidate

I had o2 sensor and egr codes, and after I replaced the bad o2 sensor and instaling egr blockoff plates from mvp motorsports. My engine keeps on doing this (rrrrrrrrrriiiiiii) sound when I step on the gas pedal.all of this happen when the engine warm up not when is cold and is waiting fuel like crazy
Old 02-22-15, 11:02 PM
Chris18
Driver School Candidate

Has anybody done this on a stock NA 2j ?
Old 02-23-15, 04:19 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris18
Has anybody done this on a stock NA 2j ?
If you looked at the picture illustration you would of noicied the black sc300 was na-t
Old 07-04-15, 02:28 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yesterday I finished deleting my EGR on my stock 2jZ-GE. Now the idle surges between 400 and 700, and it seems like its about to stall.
I have read that others are experiencing this on their GE motors. Has anyone solved this issue?

Quick Reply: EGR delete