Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte 6spd swap into sc300....questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-08, 02:10 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte 6spd swap into sc300....questions

whats up. i recently bought a wrecked 6spd tt supra and im in the process of installing the motor and 6spd trans into my car, along with some other parts. i have a few questions though. search isnt giving me any definate answers, so maybe you guys can help.

- does the supra subframe bolt up to the sc300? it would alot faster and conveniant if it did, rather than swapping everything over.

- will the 6spd getrag trans bolt up to stock location on the sc300 if i use the 6spd cross member?

- and last, will the supra 6spd driveshaft bolt up if i use the supra subframe and the supra 6spd trans?

if these answers have already been gone over, then my bad. i just need some quick definate answers so i can keep the build going. thanks
Old 02-27-08, 05:08 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Which "subframe" are you referring to - front or rear? I disagree it's easier to swap subframes. The motor will drop in bolt-for-bolt in the front; you may only need to swap engine mounts. The diff and driver side axle from the TT is all that's required for the rear.

Yes, the getrag will bolt directly into the cross member support holes in the sc300 chassis. What year is your sc? The getrag will fit in the '95s without modifying the trans tunnel, but I'm not sure about other model year sc300s.

No, the DS is too short for the sc. However, it's pretty easy to retube and lengthen the aft shaft for the sc.

Lucky you... living in Hawaii and found a wrecked TT for a swap. You bastard!

Welcome to the Forums.

-scott

Last edited by motorheaddown; 02-27-08 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-27-08, 07:29 AM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redhanded7
whats up. i recently bought a wrecked 6spd tt supra and im in the process of installing the motor and 6spd trans into my car, along with some other parts. i have a few questions though. search isnt giving me any definate answers, so maybe you guys can help.

- does the supra subframe bolt up to the sc300? it would alot faster and conveniant if it did, rather than swapping everything over.

- will the 6spd getrag trans bolt up to stock location on the sc300 if i use the 6spd cross member?

- and last, will the supra 6spd driveshaft bolt up if i use the supra subframe and the supra 6spd trans?

if these answers have already been gone over, then my bad. i just need some quick definate answers so i can keep the build going. thanks

Yes, TT rear subframe bolts up.
Yes, but further back than the OEM x-mission.
You need to modify the shift cover.
No, you need the custom drive shaft.
TT brakes should bolt up too.
Have fun!
Old 02-27-08, 08:32 AM
redhanded7
Driver

thanks for answering all my questions, much appreciated. what i meant, is that it would be easier to do the whole subframe rather than peice by peice. also this is for a 92 sc300, so i think i need to bang up the firewall/trans tunned to fit the trans?

living in hawaii is nice, but the shipping kills. shipping for the single turbo parts and other heavy items are taxing. i plan to get the car running and tuned within the next 2 months. im hoping to hit 600-700whp.....which should be fun. im looking at the garrett to4z turbos....they look niiiiiiice.