Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

R-154

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-07, 10:15 AM
LA-Conrad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R-154

Hello All, I'm new to the site. I am currently collecting parts for a 2jz-gte SC300 project. As the title implies I will be putting the R-154 transmission behind the 2jz and into the SC300. I have researched the logistics of this, as mine is from a MK3 supra, and from what I can tell it should be pretty straight forward with the exception of the shifter extension required. I have read one users write up on how to use OEM toyota parts to convert the transmission and this would be my prefferd method. I have access to all the welding and cutting tools necessary to modify my current shifter and housing, however I would much rather have an OEM toyota one if I can get it. I have recently contacted Carson Toyota about ordering these parts however I have not recieved a response yet. I suppose patience is a virtue I will have to employ throughout this project ... Anyway my question is regarding the crossmember. I have not seen much discussion regarding the crossmember to be used with this swap. Does the stock crossmember from either the auto or manual SC300 bolt up? Does the stock MKIII supra crossmember bolt up? Do I need to get a hold of a 1jz soarer crossmember (yeah right!)? What about custom fabrication. If the stock SC300 crossmember doesn't bolt right up, I would think it would be pretty simple to just modify it to work? Any input is appreciated.

Oh and after I collect all my parts I am going to photograph and document the entire transmission prep for this installation so you all can have it on the site (maybe as a sticky) to put this topic to rest once and for all. Thanks!
Old 12-27-07, 10:22 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you have a welder and cutting tools? dont worry about it, one of them will be close enough then.
Old 12-28-07, 05:54 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the parts needed have been discussed thoroughly, I used a w58 trans mount and I think Dejacky did also. search around on the forums as there is tons of info. If you cant find what you need go to clubna-t.com as I know those of us who have done the swap have all put our info on there.

Last edited by vipsoarer; 12-28-07 at 05:54 AM. Reason: grammar