Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

The Stock 2J in the Sc300

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 01:34 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm assuming that the car in your sig is just a picture and not really yours? I'd really rather not see an RSP SC hacked up and wrecked in drift competition.
Old 09-17-07, 01:43 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No but its that color i'm waiting till i put the body kit and paint it red like the Vertex Soarer at least before i show it off....lol I'm hacking and taking everything out of it lol but i don't crash like that unless someone hits me hey when i jump back into the drift events i'll post pictures lol my daily driver is a K5 so no room for a SC for me except on the track....My name isn't SC300Dori for no reason lol I'm to be like my boi Ueno so here is the start hopefully Ill have as many as him in the future that would be so sick....
Old 09-17-07, 01:50 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

So you do own a '97 RSP?
Old 09-17-07, 02:05 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

no its a 96....i don't know what a RSP is...Still trying to get into the toyota talk all i know its a JZZ30 if that counts for anything.
Old 09-17-07, 02:21 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

RSP = Royal Sapphire Pearl, it was a rare color that only came on the '97 SC's and 97-98 Supras.
Old 09-17-07, 02:25 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

O ok Well mine will be Vertex Red I love that color like the one in my avatar
Old 09-17-07, 02:44 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

That's cool, I just didn't want to see a car that they only made like 47 of being repainted was all.
Old 09-17-07, 02:49 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

O Ok I Understand
Old 09-18-07, 11:10 AM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC300Dori
No but its that color i'm waiting till i put the body kit and paint it red like the Vertex Soarer at least before i show it off....lol I'm hacking and taking everything out of it lol but i don't crash like that unless someone hits me hey when i jump back into the drift events i'll post pictures lol my daily driver is a K5 so no room for a SC for me except on the track....My name isn't SC300Dori for no reason lol I'm to be like my boi Ueno so here is the start hopefully Ill have as many as him in the future that would be so sick....
just curious but have you seen that one JDM Insider video with the vertex sc on the cover and then after watching you started to get more into the sc300? one of my favorite videos... oh nd does it also explain " SC300Dori" ? = sc3 drifter.

Last edited by JspKSoarer; 09-18-07 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-18-07, 03:57 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

Originally Posted by JspKSoarer
just curious but have you seen that one JDM Insider video with the vertex sc on the cover and then after watching you started to get more into the sc300? one of my favorite videos... oh nd does it also explain " SC300Dori" ? = sc3 drifter.

No, I think u are being funny I have that episode and pretty much the rest of them and JDM Option video's lol I'm a fan or course I'm drifting this car because of some video.....Like i said i have been doing this (drifting) for three years because when i went D1GP in California at Irwindale (while still living in North Carolina) 4 years ago I was right behind the wall at the end of the bank I saw Ueno go by and that Soarer it looked so sexy coming around lol I had to have one and now that I'm old enough to buy the car and mod it why not? And try to be like my Idol...To me he is the smoothest drifter out there....Then there is Ken Normura ER34,T.Hirota Verrosa and Daigo Saito Vertex Chaser he is like the best Sedan drifter period unless someone can name someone else...And yes SC300Dori does mean SC300 Drifter because I'm in the process of becoming one I'm tired of my S14....

Last edited by SC300Dori; 09-18-07 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-18-07, 09:00 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it just me, or does this guy just seem like he's full of it? Certified tech yet he has no clue about what motor to go with? Or If his motor is up to the test for a turbo? There are things that a goofball would know. LS1 in a SC? i dunno, it just seems that this "drifter" has no clue wtf hes talkin about nor does he have any intention of doing what he claims....
Old 09-19-07, 07:09 AM
SC300Dori
Driver

Yeah I'm tech at NISSAN So i dont know squat of Toyota's duh...Just because the SC300 has a 2j in it doesnt mean its gonna perform like the JDM 2J and thats what i was confused about So i asked question's about it (hence) *the title of this thread*... I told reason's why i was gonna go with a LS1 because I know plenty about that motor and what it can do.But know since kool ppl like Blizzy and others helped me out and not be closed minded bastards like u..So quit being a doush bag...I think u just being bitter because u don't have the privilege to anything in life but work and hate on others that are outside playing while u are inside but doing homework B4 u judge me come to Charlotte North Carolina and u can sit in my S14 and ill show what i can do pal...I'm not the one u want to get in a argument with....Stop hating that's all I got to say.

Last edited by SC300Dori; 09-19-07 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-21-07, 06:52 AM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

^^^^^^I've been drifting almost 3 years now...My first was a 240sx or course like everyone else i started when i was 16...going to to local events now ill be getting into Nopi and the Pro Am series in the next year or two....The reason I choose the sc300 because of my idol Takahiro Ueno he is the only reason i like drifting so basically I'm getting a car like his now that I'm able to afford it now...I think i can handle it I drifted my buddies soarer with a 2JZ 590 hp...I had trouble in the beginning but i caught the hang of it i had to learn how move the weight of the car where i wanted it....So i have the skill to drift I'm no noob
Have you ever thought about using commas and periods? Maybe it's better to go back to school!
Old 09-21-07, 06:55 AM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Yeah I'm tech at NISSAN So i dont know squat of Toyota's duh...Just because the SC300 has a 2j in it doesnt mean its gonna perform like the JDM 2J and thats what i was confused about So i asked question's about it (hence) *the title of this thread*... I told reason's why i was gonna go with a LS1 because I know plenty about that motor and what it can do.But know since kool ppl like Blizzy and others helped me out and not be closed minded bastards like u..So quit being a doush bag...I think u just being bitter because u don't have the privilege to anything in life but work and hate on others that are outside playing while u are inside but doing homework B4 u judge me come to Charlotte North Carolina and u can sit in my S14 and ill show what i can do pal...I'm not the one u want to get in a argument with....Stop hating that's all I got to say.
Hahahahahahahhahahahahah! Hey kid, go back to school and learn something that might brighten up your brain a little hahahqahahahaahhahahahahahh
Old 09-21-07, 07:09 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Actually the JDM 2J(GTE) is not as powerful as the USDM 2JZGTE, the US GTE has bigger injectors, cams are more aggresive and turbos are better too. As far as the 2JZGE's I'm not sure what the difference is between the usdm and jdm versions. Sounds like you have to do a little reasearch first check supraforums and clubna-t.com.

Quick Reply: The Stock 2J in the Sc300