Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

nOOb questions on turbo stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-07, 02:49 AM
93soarertt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nOOb questions on turbo stuff

I am new to the forced induction scene. right now my soarer is on stock twins, and i want more power! so i was thinking about two different options. 1)- build the motor (cams, head work, all that stuff) but my question for that is, is that a smart idea to run a built motor on stock twins? my other option was to go with a single bigger turbo. in that case if i went that route (bigger single turbo) what all can the 1gz-gte handle without building the motor. I know with the bigger turbo im going to have to get bigger injectors, fuel pump, fuel rail all that shizz. so what is the most realistic option stock twins with built motor or single turbo? if this doesnt make any sense please let me know and ill try to explain again. thanks for the advice/help in advance!

-Joe
Old 09-10-07, 03:01 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

You dont need to "build" the motor. The motor is very stout from the factory. All you need to do is put a big turbo on, upgrade fuel injectors, pump, fuel pressure regulator and ecu tuned. Stock twins are only good for right around 1 bar of boost and a bit over 300hp. I happen to have an ENTIRE turbo kit for sale for a soarer. Already tuned. I'll let you know if the guy here is gonna get it or not...
Old 09-10-07, 03:18 AM
93soarertt
Driver School Candidate

alright cool. i have a mines racing ecu, will i be able to use that if i upgrade? also i want to run a compression check to make sure i wont blow it up! also what kit are you running and how much boost/power you putting out?

-Joe