Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

That's all well and good..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 08:25 PM
DesertSlim
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's all well and good..

Let me preface this thread by saying I wasnt quite sure where to pose this question. In the car chat section I see the guys talking about what latest model radar detector they are using and what's the latest hotness at the Lexus dealerships that I will never be able to afford. In the performance section, I see alot about swaps 'n' such and this question just seems to go hand in hand, so admins I apologize in advance for incorrect placement/ lack of search function usuage.

Now with that said:

I see people on here with swapped SCs but I dont really see anyone talking about where they take their cars to be serviced. I am sure that there are a lot of very knowledge wrenches on here who do their own diagnostics and such, but what about Joe Schmo who doesnt doesnt have tools/know-how to service a swapped vehicle, but really likes the look of the SC and the power of the swap? (Not me personally of course, it's only hypothetical After doing/purchasing a swapped SC is it straight to the performance shop or can you still take it to a dealer?

Alright that's all I had to say, I am now ready for verbal lashings and "smacks" from admins!

J
Old 06-07-07, 06:11 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your only answer is to find a local speed shop that specializes in Toyota/Import engine swaps.