Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Which is the least expensive?
2JZGTTE swap + Labor and, Parts
27.27%
2JZGTTE VVT-I swap + Labor and, Parts
0%
N/A Built Rebuild + Turbo Kit + Labor and, Parts
72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-06, 09:14 AM
BouSouZoku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is better?

I need some opinions before I start my project.

Last edited by supra dr; 10-22-06 at 02:41 PM. Reason: fixed his typo for him :)
Old 10-21-06, 09:39 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

From what I've read on this forum (you should read into it too.) VVti's are not the way to go doing a turbo setup,

The VVti version is more expensive, and harder to 'fiddle' with.

A 2jz swap motor and trans is cheaper, way more mod-friendly, and easier to come by.

Na-T is the cheapest of all the 2jz options....cause you already have the motor. You can kinda piece things together over time.

1jz is a cheap swap, and from what I've read, pretty easy to do.

First things first...What do you want the car to do? How much do you what to spend? Do you have a place to do all this yourself, or are you paying a shop.

figure all of this out, and with the answers, the decision will be made for you.
Old 10-22-06, 02:42 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads
Senior Moderator

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
From what I've read on this forum (you should read into it too.) VVti's are not the way to go doing a turbo setup,

The VVti version is more expensive, and harder to 'fiddle' with.

A 2jz swap motor and trans is cheaper, way more mod-friendly, and easier to come by.

Na-T is the cheapest of all the 2jz options....cause you already have the motor. You can kinda piece things together over time.

1jz is a cheap swap, and from what I've read, pretty easy to do.

First things first...What do you want the car to do? How much do you what to spend? Do you have a place to do all this yourself, or are you paying a shop.

figure all of this out, and with the answers, the decision will be made for you.
True words of advice.

Fixed typo's for you.
Old 10-23-06, 08:09 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4,500 for really reliable 1jz swap, for parts and replacing things right the first time, fluids, gaskets, gauges and controllers, retain everything oem such as power steerin, ac, temp and tach gauge, cruise control. love the results and the fact that im not worried about extra costs and problems down the road due to simplicity and reliability. All labor was done myself so i cant price that, but it was a hard choice between this and just doing the turbo upgrade from my research, but ill leave that for someone with exp there to post, just make sure whichever route you go you do it right, dont half *** it to save money or it will probably cost you more in the end, dont do anything if its going to make you broke, you should have a G on the side for this waiting for extra cost