Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Visual Differences (engine)Aristo vs. Supra JDM

Old 10-15-06, 09:27 AM
757jetip
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visual Differences (engine)Aristo vs. Supra JDM

Ok...don't flame me too hard here, but if you were looking at a JDM 2JZ-GTE are there any visual clues that would tell you which car the motor came out of? The reason I ask is I have never seen a JDM 2JZ-GTE with a six speed on it for sale. Not saying they don't exist - I would think they do - but I was wondering if perhaps someone slapped a six speed onto a Aristo / Soarer (whatever) and is now calling it a Supra motor.

Question 2- put the flame thrower down...thanks....is there any difference between the JDM 2jZ-GTEs in the above mentioned cars? I have searched and found info which states there is a differnce between the USDM and JDM but no info on any differences between the JDM ones.

I really would like to get the USDM setup, but I can't find a complete setup anywhere which is leading me to go the JDM route. A quick fix would be to just sell me your USDM setup
Old 10-15-06, 10:23 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 757jetip
Ok...don't flame me too hard here, but if you were looking at a JDM 2JZ-GTE are there any visual clues that would tell you which car the motor came out of? The reason I ask is I have never seen a JDM 2JZ-GTE with a six speed on it for sale. Not saying they don't exist - I would think they do - but I was wondering if perhaps someone slapped a six speed onto a Aristo / Soarer (whatever) and is now calling it a Supra motor.

Question 2- put the flame thrower down...thanks....is there any difference between the JDM 2jZ-GTEs in the above mentioned cars? I have searched and found info which states there is a differnce between the USDM and JDM but no info on any differences between the JDM ones.

I really would like to get the USDM setup, but I can't find a complete setup anywhere which is leading me to go the JDM route. A quick fix would be to just sell me your USDM setup
It depends on model year as well. There may be some location changes, like power steering pump, etc. but the engine block I would assume is the same.
What I mean by year is that some have VVT-i, some do not.
Old 10-15-06, 12:29 PM
757jetip
Rookie

I was affraid of that. I was thinking about the oil pan issues differences. Isnt the Aristo a forward pan desigin and the Supra a rear...that is why we switch them - or something like that? So mabye if the pan is at the rear it is a Supra or if at the front mabye an Aristo?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, by the way....
Old 10-16-06, 12:20 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was affraid of that. I was thinking about the oil pan issues differences. Isnt the Aristo a forward pan desigin and the Supra a rear...that is why we switch them - or something like that? So mabye if the pan is at the rear it is a Supra or if at the front mabye an Aristo?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, by the way....
I'm not sure as I've never really worked with the 2JZs. Try to search up on it.
I'll try to look into it tomorrow if I have the time.
Old 10-16-06, 05:00 AM
JTJerryls400
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

there was not 2jzgte in soarer
Old 10-16-06, 05:56 AM
757jetip
Rookie

No gte in a soarer...thanks.

I think the aristo is front pan the supra is a rear pan design....can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-06, 05:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

The only GTE that came in the soarer was the 1jzgte
Old 10-16-06, 06:44 AM
Twin Turbo
Rookie

if that's a problem, then swap your stock 2jz-ge lower oil pan stuff onto the jdm motor same 2jz anyway
hope that helped

Jacob
Old 10-16-06, 08:08 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

No gte in a soarer...thanks.

I think the aristo is front pan the supra is a rear pan design....can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
correct aristo oil pan front supra rear jdm 2j has 440cc inj and map sensor usdm 550cc and airflow meter.
Old 10-17-06, 05:29 PM
757jetip
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dewsc300
correct aristo oil pan front supra rear jdm 2j has 440cc inj and map sensor usdm 550cc and airflow meter.

Thanks and thanks to everyone for all the info!!!
Old 08-07-07, 06:49 PM
VVTI-TT
Driver School Candidate

Default jdm 2jz-gte aristo and supra

ok for anyone who wants to know the truth stay tuned Im the owner of a 95 manual transmission (5speed) with a 96 JDM aristo vvti engine. it is not currantly one thing yet but I can tell you this
the oil pan is deffinatly differant for differant 2jz engines mine is dented and I want it fixed before I install the engine and I have ordered a supra TT oil pan and it is not the same niether is the 2jzge n/a oil pan
you will spend big money on this project trust me and it is a very tight fit
I will have the info on this swap within a few weeks

I need a place to find jdm oem parts any help????????????????????
please oem jdm parts like dealer availability or somewhere to order an aristo TT oil pan thanks
Old 08-09-07, 10:55 AM
Rondawg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVTI-TT
ok for anyone who wants to know the truth stay tuned Im the owner of a 95 manual transmission (5speed) with a 96 JDM aristo vvti engine. it is not currantly one thing yet but I can tell you this
the oil pan is deffinatly differant for differant 2jz engines mine is dented and I want it fixed before I install the engine and I have ordered a supra TT oil pan and it is not the same niether is the 2jzge n/a oil pan

please oem jdm parts like dealer availability or somewhere to order an aristo TT oil pan thanks
PASS Racing in Socal has ordered many JDM parts from Japanese Toyota dealerships. They're pretty well known in AE86 market for solid reputation, fast shiping and fair pricing.

www.passracing.com ask for Max
Old 08-09-07, 11:04 AM
Duckness
Lead Lap

VVTi-TT: why didnt you just use your old GE oil pan and tap it for turbo's?
and yes you will spend more money then you planned. just make sure you have extra funds if you plan on doing a 2jzgte swap.
Old 08-09-07, 11:24 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTI-TT

Of course they arent the same. But a front-sump oil pan on a 2jz is NOT going to fit into an SC, there is a crossmember and powersteering rack in the way

For the oil pan swap, you need the oil pickup (all 2jzs have the same spot where the oil pickup bolts to), and the upper AND lower pan. I believe all 3 parts are distinctly different (front sump vs rear sump).

The GE pan/pickup works just fine BTW. The only different I know of between it and the GTE pan, is the GTE pan already has the oil return drilled, which is easily fixed.