Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 Boost Logic Stage 1 NA-T Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 04:03 PM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC300 Boost Logic Stage 1 NA-T Dyno

I've done a lot of searches on a variety of forums, but I've been unable to locate a dyno sheet for an SC300 with only the boost logic stage 1 NA-T kit. I would really like to see what numbers it puts down without any modifications to the car other than the BL kit. If any has one it would be of great help to me. If you don't, one with very light modifications and a list of these mods would also be helpful. I am planning on getting this kit at the end of the summer right after I smog my car ('97 SC300 5 speed). Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-06, 04:25 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

The sc300s are very heavy cars. 300rwhp SC300 will get owned all day long by Dodge Neon SRT4's on stock engines at ~16psi of boost (1,000lb lighter car). If you're going to turbo the sc300, upgrade the headgasket and put out at least 400rwhp, then break the w58, then get another w58 or get ripped off upgrading to a R154 or getrag transmission setup. More good news, oil prices are up to ~$74/barrell thanks to North Korea's missle launch . This means gas prices will continue to escalate . You all have George W. Bush to thank for not doing anything about North Korea since he's been in office.

Last edited by dejacky; 07-05-06 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-06-06, 12:28 AM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Ok...well thanks for addressing what I asked for in the post...Why are you telling me about Bush, Korea, and gas prices when I asked for a dyno sheet. Also, I have to tell you at the end of the day your glorification of the SRT-4 is nothing because it's still a NEON! I have moderate hp goals of around 300-350 right now and don't need to go about upgrading my headgasket or my transmission. I've read some other threads you've posted on and quite frankly I don't understand why you always bring up the Neon, especially on the CL site. Anyway, if you know anything about the dyno sheet let me know. Other than that, you can keep your opinion about what I do with my car to yourself. It's sad to see someone on the CL site with no faith in Lexus at all. Weird, but I thought I remember you having an SC with an NA-T project. I could be wrong though. Feel free to correct me if that's the case. Peace.
Old 07-06-06, 12:52 AM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

i think they usually run high 200 level numbers on around 7psi. i wanna say around 280 hp to the wheels i think, maybe a little lower, i have no dyno but supraforums is agood place to find out more info.
Old 07-06-06, 12:54 AM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Thanks a lot Cannonbear. I'll check it out over on the SupraForums.
Old 07-06-06, 01:07 AM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

no prob, sorry i couldnt be of more help
Old 07-06-06, 05:51 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GoCarSc300
Ok...well thanks for addressing what I asked for in the post...Why are you telling me about Bush, Korea, and gas prices when I asked for a dyno sheet. Also, I have to tell you at the end of the day your glorification of the SRT-4 is nothing because it's still a NEON! I have moderate hp goals of around 300-350 right now and don't need to go about upgrading my headgasket or my transmission. I've read some other threads you've posted on and quite frankly I don't understand why you always bring up the Neon, especially on the CL site. Anyway, if you know anything about the dyno sheet let me know. Other than that, you can keep your opinion about what I do with my car to yourself. It's sad to see someone on the CL site with no faith in Lexus at all. Weird, but I thought I remember you having an SC with an NA-T project. I could be wrong though. Feel free to correct me if that's the case. Peace.
Since you claim to have "done a lot of research on a variety of forums," you should know that Boost Logic's Stage I power potential is greatly affected by which fuel control is being used. (i.e. aem, map-ecu, safc, etc) I do have a na-t sc300 and I told you some things to excpect when turboing your car. I'm giving you a reality check and not glorifying the Dodge Neon SRT4. I mentioned those truths so you can better plan your na-t project instead of wasting money and being disapointed in the end. There have been w58 transmission failures at the 305rwhp level too, so don't think your w58 will last forever at 350rwhp. It's sad to someone like yourself on Clublexus using slippery slope logic to label me because you are too lazy to use the SEARCH function and READ.
Old 07-06-06, 07:34 AM
PM Supra
Driver

Originally Posted by dejacky
Since you claim to have "done a lot of research on a variety of forums," you should know that Boost Logic's Stage I power potential is greatly affected by which fuel control is being used. (i.e. aem, map-ecu, safc, etc) I do have a na-t sc300 and I told you some things to excpect when turboing your car. I'm giving you a reality check and not glorifying the Dodge Neon SRT4. I mentioned those truths so you can better plan your na-t project instead of wasting money and being disapointed in the end. There have been w58 transmission failures at the 305rwhp level too, so don't think your w58 will last forever at 350rwhp. It's sad to someone like yourself on Clublexus using slippery slope logic to label me because you are too lazy to use the SEARCH function and READ.
We have more than couple w58 making more than 450rwhp running around. A liitle car knowledge and respect for your W58 you should be fine. Rip-off? please explain.
Old 07-06-06, 09:14 AM
PM Supra
Driver

Does anybody know why they break, or just they break because someone broke one. This is knowledge. Like I said, a little knowledge about the W58 and respect for the W58 it will last. I did not say the lack of knowledge of the owner or stupidness of the owner. I think you are the one assuming. I am not going to offer info to a person that thinks everything is a rip-off.
Old 07-06-06, 09:28 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I've got a friend that dynoed his 2jznat @ 450 rwhp on a w58 and it's not giving him any trouble. It's knowing how to drive the w58 that most times will determine how long it will last. Sure some blow at 300 rwhp, but some also go up to 500rwhp.