Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Details on my BL SC300 NA-T pkg

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 07:05 PM
Streetking
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Details on my BL SC300 NA-T pkg

If anyone is interested in doing a SC NA-T kit, this is what I have..

SW

The BL 650 Package for your 92-97 SC300. This NA-T setup will make 650 hp at the crank on race gas. The BL 650 package is specced with a T61 turbo which provides instant boost response on the street and will still make enough power to take down most cars you will run into. This package is very popular for customers who would like to daily drive their cars.

This turn-key setup on an automatic SC300 is less than 16,000 installed, tuned and ready to tear up the streets. The 650 package includes everything from the Turbo kit to the engine management.

A 5spd Lexus SC300 build will be almost $2,000 cheaper.

Boost Logic Stage 2 NA-T kit
Upgrade to 525cc injectors
Blitz Spec R Boost Controller
AEM ECU with 3.5 bar map, iat, iat harness, and Wideband
HKS SSQ Bov
Aluminum HKS SSQ Bov Flange
Tuning Concepts AEM ECU Tune for Street and Dyno
Boost Logic NA-T Transmission Build
Boost Logic Upgraded Torque Converter
Boost Logic SC300 Dual Exhaust System
Old 06-18-06, 11:24 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Wait BL sells a dual exhaust system for our cars? How much? Specs?
Old 06-19-06, 10:41 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

SW, more info, more info!!!!
Old 06-19-06, 08:26 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

sounds like a sweet setup. $16k is a little steep since the average SC price is well below that, however if you got the $$$, I definitely wouldn't mind this...
Old 06-19-06, 09:47 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDSupraSE
sounds like a sweet setup. $16k is a little steep since the average SC price is well below that, however if you got the $$$, I definitely wouldn't mind this...
The turn key 650 package is actually $12,500 which is still a lot of money for a turbo setup. If I were looking into spending that much for turbo I'd give up and drop in a GTE motor and invest all that money into that motor instead. I mean the Boost Logics turbo setups are really great but I guess its just all about preference and how much money you have to spend on a nice clean setup. I noticed that on the Turn Key 650 setup they are also some tuning involed which is understandable. A friend of mine just paid $7000 for tuning on his 800hp + Supra in Oregon. Tuning is not cheap.
Old 06-20-06, 07:37 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
...A friend of mine just paid $7000 for tuning on his 800hp + Supra in Oregon. Tuning is not cheap.
Your friend got raped on the price of tuning his car. I can't image paying that kind of money. It would be cheaper to DIY make a few mistakes and even toast a motor before having a $7K tune pay off.

I will say this, however, tuning WOT is easy. However, setting up idle with big cams/TB/injectors, getting cold/warm starts consistent, programming anti-lag, meth injection, launch control, nitrous, boost control, fuel accel/decell, etc. is the hard part. So, I don't want anyone to think I'm trivializing what it takes to completely tune a car. However, I wouldn't pay someone else $7k to do it.

-scott

Last edited by motorheaddown; 06-20-06 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-20-06, 08:29 AM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Where in Oregon is this?
Old 06-20-06, 12:38 PM
racing fan
Driver

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
BL = highway robbery, yes i understand they do a great job and make it look nice and pretty, but anyone who wants to charge someone 14k for a tranny build and a t61 turbo can kiss my Richard.

I shot them an email a few months ago for a simple build no including tranny build, and they send me a quote for nearly 17k....either they are trying to run off business or are really just screwing a lot of people out of about 8 grand.

You could proably have all those parts personaly machined for 6 grand less then that, but i guess some people will pay to not get their hands dirty, and to place liablity upon a company that wont be around in 5 years.
Just wondering what your name is? I'd love to see the quote you think is highway robbery?
Old 06-20-06, 12:44 PM
PM Supra
Driver

What we have here is the lack of understanding what it takes to build a quality car. As it says "Turn Key". Please don't insult without proper education. You list 2 items, unfortunately, it take more than the two items. This proves your experience. If people are on a build-up project, "650 turn key" may not be an option. We help people with many differnet types of goals and budgets.
Old 06-20-06, 01:24 PM
Streetking
Driver

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
BL = highway robbery, yes i understand they do a great job and make it look nice and pretty, but anyone who wants to charge someone 14k for a tranny build and a t61 turbo can kiss my Richard.

I shot them an email a few months ago for a simple build no including tranny build, and they send me a quote for nearly 17k....either they are trying to run off business or are really just screwing a lot of people out of about 8 grand.

You could proably have all those parts personaly machined for 6 grand less then that, but i guess some people will pay to not get their hands dirty, and to place liablity upon a company that wont be around in 5 years.
I see you just joined this forum a few months ago and probably don't know that Boost Logic has been around for a while now and not going anywhere.. If you think their "turn key" prices are too high, maybe you should shop around on the internet and "piece together" a "kit".. You get what you pay for. You stated that 14K for a tranny build and t61 turbo was a rip off, it would be if that was all I got. They pulled the motor, changed the headgasket, cleaned the head, installed the fuel system, pulled the front bumper and installed the intercooler, installed a tranny cooler, detailed every part that was dissasembled, installed the AEM, Boost controler, A/F guage in the glove box r&r the transmission& torque convertor and made sure it looks and performs like it should. All the connections were shrink wrapped and all unused wires and lines removed. But I guess I should have shopped around on the internet to save some$$..

SW
Old 06-20-06, 02:55 PM
NoLongerA13bFan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Streetking
I see you just joined this forum a few months ago and probably don't know that Boost Logic has been around for a while now and not going anywhere.. If you think their "turn key" prices are too high, maybe you should shop around on the internet and "piece together" a "kit".. You get what you pay for. You stated that 14K for a tranny build and t61 turbo was a rip off, it would be if that was all I got. They pulled the motor, changed the headgasket, cleaned the head, installed the fuel system, pulled the front bumper and installed the intercooler, installed a tranny cooler, detailed every part that was dissasembled, installed the AEM, Boost controler, A/F guage in the glove box r&r the transmission& torque convertor and made sure it looks and performs like it should. All the connections were shrink wrapped and all unused wires and lines removed. But I guess I should have shopped around on the internet to save some$$..

SW
Do they do anything to the W58 to beef it up so that it can handle the power ?
Old 06-20-06, 02:58 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Memphis, in the kindest possible way, please be quiet and don't insult people who have forgotten more about the 2JZ-GE/GTE, the Supra and the SC than you'll ever know.

Boost logic has built at least one 7 second MKIV, and many 1000+ HP cars.

It's not a rip-off to go out and get a equal-length tubular header NA-T kit made out of SS341 by Zohair & company, then pay to have it professionally installed by Chris Johnson. Quite frankly, if you want it done right, BL, PM, SP & SPE are some of the best shops in the world to do it. (If you have to look up, or even think about those initials, consider yourself ignorant)

Normally my job as a moderator is to do that -- moderate a discussion. But you are 100% wrong here. BL is very busy, especially during the summer months, when everyone wants their parts installed and their cars running yesterday. So if they respond with an expensive quote, or don't respond at all, don't be surprised. They're in demand, and can choose not to respond, or can charge a rate which people are glad to pay (which they are, believe it or not)

You can have : 1) Fast 2) Cheap 3) Reliable
...pick two.

BL's customer service is awesome... don't believe me? Look on SF where most of their customers post.

I'm potentially knocking out some of this malarkey... but for now I'll just rip apart the BS so everyone can know the facts.

Boost Logic makes quality stuff, and they charge a corresponding dollar figure for it.

k. thx. bye.

John
Old 06-20-06, 09:17 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by motorheaddown
Your friend got raped on the price of tuning his car. I can't image paying that kind of money. It would be cheaper to DIY make a few mistakes and even toast a motor before having a $7K tune pay off.

I will say this, however, tuning WOT is easy. However, setting up idle with big cams/TB/injectors, getting cold/warm starts consistent, programming anti-lag, meth injection, launch control, nitrous, boost control, fuel accel/decell, etc. is the hard part. So, I don't want anyone to think I'm trivializing what it takes to completely tune a car. However, I wouldn't pay someone else $7k to do it.

-scott
Maybe I should have added that he also purchased the Virtual Works intake manifold, a hell of a lot bigger turbo, another Getrag transmission, and a pair of HKS cams that went along with the deal. That and hours (100+) of tuning came out to $7000.
Old 06-21-06, 06:33 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
A friend of mine just paid $7000 for tuning on his 800hp + Supra in Oregon. Tuning is not cheap.

Whatever your friend is smoking, please send me some via next day air. PM'ing you my address....
Old 06-21-06, 11:13 AM
racing fan
Driver

Originally Posted by NoLongerA13bFan
Do they do anything to the W58 to beef it up so that it can handle the power ?

There is very little that can be done to the transmission to make it hold mroe power. For manual transmission cars we suggest upgrading to a 6spd or R154 transmission.

Last edited by racing fan; 06-21-06 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Details on my BL SC300 NA-T pkg