Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 transmission mount replaced. (seperated)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-06, 08:51 PM
weekenduse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 transmission mount replaced. (seperated)

Well, I replaced my transmission mount on the SC400 on Monday and there is significant improvement in the ride. The gear selector would vibrate terribly at highway speeds with the old mount.

Now, it is steady and the ride is smooth. Well worth the $56. Only thing is, the steering wheel shimmies at highway speeds now.... The vibration had to find a new home and this is where it now resides. Time for front bushing I believe..
Attached Thumbnails SC400 transmission mount replaced. (seperated)-picture-047-small-.jpg  
Old 01-30-07, 06:08 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How extensive is the work? What is the procedure to replacing this mount. I need to do this now.
Old 01-30-07, 08:33 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you mean the shifter would rattle at faster speeds? Cause thats what mine is doing, especially on the highway.
Old 01-30-07, 10:39 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
How extensive is the work? What is the procedure to replacing this mount. I need to do this now.
One of the members did a DIY write-up on replacing this mount. He made it look easy. I did mine and it is easy a few jack-stand I used 6. Remember safety! With some ok tools you should be done in a 1.5h start to finish. Oh! some PB Blaster will make the job easyer.
Old 05-09-07, 07:03 PM
acenase
Pole Position

what do you mean by your steering wheel shimmies? like when you're on the highway the steering wheel will start turning to the left or right? If so, that's an alignment issue.
Old 03-11-21, 10:59 AM
Taylor2sho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by weekenduse
Well, I replaced my transmission mount on the SC400 on Monday and there is significant improvement in the ride. The gear selector would vibrate terribly at highway speeds with the old mount.

Now, it is steady and the ride is smooth. Well worth the $56. Only thing is, the steering wheel shimmies at highway speeds now.... The vibration had to find a new home and this is where it now resides. Time for front bushing I believe..
hey I was curious if the automatic transmission mount was the exact same transmission mount for the sc300? I keep going to auto parts stores and they tell me they don't carry/or even show that part in their computer. However they do carry a transmission mount for a sc300. Which from the picture they have on their screen it looks the same. I've read somewhere that the 300 and the 400 the part is identical. So if I buy the part they have listed as the sc300 transmission mount would it work on my sc400?
Old 03-14-21, 06:47 AM
Nothnghead
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor2sho
hey I was curious if the automatic transmission mount was the exact same transmission mount for the sc300? I keep going to auto parts stores and they tell me they don't carry/or even show that part in their computer. However they do carry a transmission mount for a sc300. Which from the picture they have on their screen it looks the same. I've read somewhere that the 300 and the 400 the part is identical. So if I buy the part they have listed as the sc300 transmission mount would it work on my sc400?
https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsda...237150030.html
you could always buy oem.