Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Nur Spec exhaust fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-06, 04:45 PM
scoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz Nur Spec exhaust fitment

Hey guys
I have just been given the opportunity to purchase this brand new blitz bual catback system from a friend who just so happened to have it lying in his gargage for only 500...retail is 1,280. There is only one problem, it is for an LS430, i have an sc300 . From eyeballing it, it seems like it would fit with modifications to the cat. because of the angle. Im in need of some advice and experience from you guys..Is it worth it? and have any of you used blitz before? how does it sound? perform?..And one last question, should i also get new pipings and cats or can i keep them and gut the cat for more air flow

Thanks guys

SPecs:
Blitz NurSpec Touring
# - UCF30
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Nur Spec exhaust fitment-dsc00276.jpg  

Last edited by scoarer; 03-31-06 at 05:45 PM. Reason: o
Old 03-31-06, 05:35 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by scoarer
Hey guys
I have just been given the opportunity to purchase this brand new blitz bual catback system from a friend who just so happened to have it lying in his gargage for only 500...retail is 1,280. There is only one problem, it is for an LS430. From eyeballing it, it seems like it would fit with modifications to the cat. because of the angle. Im in need of some advice and experience from you guys..Is it worth it? and have any of you used blitz before? how does it sound? perform?..And one last question, should i also get new pipings and cats or can i keep them and gut the cat for more air flow
Let me break it down for you, I'm in a good mood.

1. anything can work with modification
2. is it worth it? if you have 500 dollars to spend on something that will not directly bolt onto your car.
3. sounds? ok. Not that loud, but not quiet. (not exactly sure of the LS430, this is only my experience from hearing it on an sc400 in person)
4. performance? don't expect much.
5. please don't gut the cats. People are often mistaken that removing the cats are good for you. This is not the case for many many cars.
Old 03-31-06, 05:54 PM
Kilo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest selling it on the LS forum for a little less than retail - then use that money and go buy a SC-specific exhaust
Old 04-01-06, 10:51 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good point!

You don't want to destroy the perfect designed pipe for LS. You can sell it a lot more and get a true cat-back for SC...