Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ Swap List Parts Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 11:13 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heres a pic I took when I was looking for a throttle cable comparing my different optioons (camry, corolla, and stock). I think i ended up choosing the camry cable due to the little bushing at the end of the cable being the same as the stock SC one.

Old 09-24-10, 09:55 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bumping this thread for more info..

someone asked earlier but was not answered. if swapping a 1jz into a sc400 does the fuel pump need to be upgraded(as it worked for a v8>i6??
Old 05-08-11, 06:19 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can ne1 confirm that a ge ignitor wont work on a 1j vvti
Old 01-25-12, 11:39 PM
Nickmyo
Driver

very usefull
Old 05-07-12, 08:02 PM
BenReese
Driver School Candidate

Awesome info! I am still debating on whether to do a 1jz or 2jz.
Old 05-09-12, 08:37 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

I'm seeing a lot of questions regarding a tach adapter... IT'S NOT NEEDED WHAT SO EVER! All you do is modify the cluster and it works just fine, we do this every day. Don't waste your money on a tach adapter when it's a 15 min fix at home!

Tach signal comes from the Igniter. NOT the ECU, and I'm still baffled as to how someone might think a transmission is related to this??????

Also, NO resistor is needed for the temp gauge. If the harness is properly wired, your temp gauge works fine with the GTE sensor on the engine.
Old 06-07-12, 04:56 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not finding any kind of review on the type of clutch to choose. im aiming for 500hp with my 1jz. and collected all the parts. but i can't decide on a budget clutch to buy...

XTD
XTR
F1 RACING

and it looks like im leaning towards F1 Racing only because the unsprung setup in my MR2 still holds strong.
i dont want unsprung this time in my Lexus tho.

there isn't a thread that has reviews on all of these types yet.
Old 06-07-12, 05:11 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
im not finding any kind of review on the type of clutch to choose. im aiming for 500hp with my 1jz. and collected all the parts. but i can't decide on a budget clutch to buy...

XTD
XTR
F1 RACING

and it looks like im leaning towards F1 Racing only because the unsprung setup in my MR2 still holds strong.

I say with ACT stage 3. I have the Stage 4 and its a little hard to work with, but should hold the power. So far so good, but not yet been able to turn up the boost.
Old 06-07-12, 05:13 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

XTD
XTR
F1 RACING

Check out spec clutch stage 3+ it's the full face sprung clutch if you have the w58
Old 06-07-12, 07:59 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Lol Spec is garbage.

Doomlight for 500hp so ~425tq the stock r154 pp will work great and you don't have to worry about crank walk, just buy a new disc and have fun.
My $85 stock Pressure plate is holding `17-20 psi no problem remember mine make more tq and made 641 @22 psi so that's more than enough for you.

the F1 may work on the mr2 and may not work on the SC, for example Spec work great on DSM and when you install it on the 2jz it's junk.

Exedy on the 2jz is junk even the twin disc for the V160.
Old 06-07-12, 08:58 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
^ Lol Spec is garbage.

Doomlight for 500hp so ~425tq the stock r154 pp will work great and you don't have to worry about crank walk, just buy a new disc and have fun.
My $85 stock Pressure plate is holding `17-20 psi no problem remember mine make more tq and made 641 @22 psi so that's more than enough for you.

the F1 may work on the mr2 and may not work on the SC, for example Spec work great on DSM and when you install it on the 2jz it's junk.

Holy Hell. Stock pressure plate can gold 640+? Hmm.

Well so far I have been searching up and down. And I have seen +1 for the XTD, and +1 for the F1. Nothin on XTR. My wallet will allow me up to $300. I saw this eclutchmasters show up too. But no reviews. I'm thinking I will have to look on supraforums to add to my findings.

But.... 640+ on the stock pp. Hmm
Old 06-07-12, 09:26 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

No way in hell that will hold 640 and there is no way it will hold that under good traction conditions such as at the track on slicks or even drag radials.
Old 06-08-12, 04:55 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Holy Hell. Stock pressure plate can gold 640+? Hmm.

Well so far I have been searching up and down. And I have seen +1 for the XTD, and +1 for the F1. Nothin on XTR. My wallet will allow me up to $300. I saw this eclutchmasters show up too. But no reviews. I'm thinking I will have to look on supraforums to add to my findings.

But.... 640+ on the stock pp. Hmm
Originally Posted by shaodome
How much power? what kind TQ? I made 730whp / 650tq
What Clutch ? Single or Twin? oem pressure plate (came with the soarer trans, unknown miles) and a ceramic 4 puck.
How often do you drive your car? At the time few days a week.
How do you drive your car? Lexforlife can attest to this....HARD. I beat the crap out of it everywhere I go, why build it to baby it around? I'm HARD on the gears, but I rarely miss a shift.

My trans has the marlin thrust washer and input shaft plate. Otherwise its stock. The clutch combo lasted for something like 40+ passes down the track on drag radials and about 15k miles before it started slipping.

Now i'm running the spec twin disc
Here you go maybe that will answer some of yall questions, I have no reason to lie.
Old 06-08-12, 06:51 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
^ Lol Spec is garbage.

i heard about spec. i dont even consider them an option. my friend with his 93 supra turbo has one. he has the V160 in his car. he broke in the clutch in the 600 mile recommending driving before you beat on it. he took it to the track here at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) to finally see what his supra can do with a Twin Disc setup. and the prongs on the pressure plate Bent! he was pissed... 600 miles on a new twin disc that costs 1200 bux, and it crapped out. no thanks.

by the way my friends car only has exhaust, intercooler, boost controller, and fuel cut defencer, not a lot of power over stock...
Old 06-08-12, 07:11 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Check out my thread and you will see , i have a 17 psi spring in my WG so i have been running 17-20 psi on cooler days and it hold 20 psi on the street with no hiccup!
24 i was having issues on the dyno the clutch started slipping. 22 on the street the clutch will start slipping, so to enjoy my car till i get time to swap the v160 it will stay at 20 psi and it's amking over 500rwhp i am cool with that for now.

Like i said you can use the stock PP , stock flywheel and good disc.

gl

Quick Reply: 1JZ Swap List Parts Buy