Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

how much do front clip usually run for these days?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-05, 07:58 AM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much do front clip usually run for these days?

ok guys i have a 93sc400. i called venus-auto and they quoted me $2200 for a 1jzgtte front clip 5spd. also called jhot and they dont have anymore in stock. even if they do it'll cost me around the same price but w/o the clip. is this a reasonable price or should i look around more? reason i want a front clip is that it'll come with everything for me to swap into my sc400 when i get back to cali in a couple months. so what do you guys think i should do?
1. buy it
2. look around for cheaper ones
3. just buy complete swap (excluding clip) and look for parts to complete the swap

now i know it wont be complete complete swap cuz i'll be missing the driveshaft, diff, and axles but i'll worry about that later. unitl then i need to know what you guys think i should do as to which route i should take.
Old 12-30-05, 12:16 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Sometimes shipping can be alot more than you expect, especially with a front clip - I got mine for a good price at 1600.. but shipping was pretty expensive - it ended up being 2500$ total for a Soarer 1JZ clip shipped to my door. They sent me the complete rear end, engine, trans, all turbo parts, ecu, harness, shocks/springs, brakes, front bumper, radiator, and alot of other stuff. I went through a company called RS imports in WA. There's good deals out there you just have to find them but always be weary when buying a used JDM motor, as they aren't the best maintained engines. I would look on Ebay and make sure you find a reputable seller.
Old 12-30-05, 04:30 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man you should have bought the soarer clips when they weren't popular at the time like me 3 years ago hehehe. I got mine from Venus for $1800 shipped to my door. My clip was complete with everything and I believe that you should get a clip that will have EVERYTHING so you won't have to source parts.

Tell tell you truth, you are better off building your motor. A lot of ppl on the forum lately have been asking me if my swap was worth it. I tell them the same thing. If i had a choice to do it all over again, i would have rebuilt the stock motor and produced just as much power as I have now. Save money AND just as much power and looks under the hood too. Swapping a 1JZ and building it costs twice as much if not more than rebuilding the stock motor.

Just something to think about bro.
Old 12-30-05, 04:36 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

yea i was thinking about that too but i really want to drive a manual car. really tired of driving auto since its not that much fun. i would do what vssc400 did but its hard to get contact to get what needs to mate up the 5spd to the v8.
Old 12-30-05, 04:42 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blaznsc4
yea i was thinking about that too but i really want to drive a manual car. really tired of driving auto since its not that much fun. i would do what vssc400 did but its hard to get contact to get what needs to mate up the 5spd to the v8.

I honestly think that once you get it to be manual, it will lose all of it's "fun" after 2 months. You might be setting yourself up for headaches because I still have issues with some accessories for my 1JZ after almost 3 years. You probably are better off making your 400 a stick. That would be crazy.

Keep in mind that the R154 is only a 5spd, when you have another choice of the 2JZGTE with a V160 6spd!!

If I were in your shoes, i would build a monster twin turbo out of that V8 and get the tranny swap done. It would be beautiful.
Old 12-30-05, 07:13 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kaotiq
man you should have bought the soarer clips when they weren't popular at the time like me 3 years ago hehehe. I got mine from Venus for $1800 shipped to my door. My clip was complete with everything and I believe that you should get a clip that will have EVERYTHING so you won't have to source parts.

Tell tell you truth, you are better off building your motor. A lot of ppl on the forum lately have been asking me if my swap was worth it. I tell them the same thing. If i had a choice to do it all over again, i would have rebuilt the stock motor and produced just as much power as I have now. Save money AND just as much power and looks under the hood too. Swapping a 1JZ and building it costs twice as much if not more than rebuilding the stock motor.

Just something to think about bro.

You COULD have built the stock engine.. but I applaud you for getting a 1JZ and doing what you have done to it... It's a different route, and it has its perks.. besides changing the plugs isnt such a hassle hehe
Old 12-30-05, 07:16 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

find a 1jz for a decent price and then use a r154 from a mk3 supra and ur good to go
Old 12-30-05, 08:49 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you'll be in Alabama? You can buy one from Jarco and just go pick it up. The clip will run you $2500 but they get their hands on good stuff, my 1JZ clip from them was in great condition.
Old 12-31-05, 08:14 AM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mteele
Since you'll be in Alabama? You can buy one from Jarco and just go pick it up. The clip will run you $2500 but they get their hands on good stuff, my 1JZ clip from them was in great condition.
where would i find Jarco? i'll be doing this swap once i get back to cali in a couple months.
Old 12-31-05, 11:45 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, matt came back to the SC section!!!

that sounds like a decent deal to me. if i were you, i would just throw a supercharger on the V8, drop in the 6-speed V160, and call it a day.

ill have to find it, but there is an adapter plate to get the sc300s W58 5speed to mate with the V8. the bellhouseing on the W58 works with the V160. so all you have to do is get the V160 trans, the W58 bellhouseing, and the plate, and your good to go. cut a little out for where the shifter will come through, and get a driveshaft made.

6-speed supercharged V8 > 5 speed twin turbo I6

thats my opinion.
Old 01-01-06, 08:25 AM
J J
Driver

I passed on a front clip with supra brakes and tein shocks for $1800 a couple of months ago. That importer had 9 clips to choose from and some had aftermarket goodies included.

After seeing the mediocre performace of stock and bpu 1jz swaps I decided to just go NA-T instead.
Old 01-01-06, 10:40 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wha company did you use? i didnt think anyone would have 9 soarer clips in stock.
Old 01-02-06, 06:54 AM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

yea i've been looking around. they are either out of stock or auto but only has 1 or 2. but 9 damn
Old 01-03-06, 01:40 AM
nismo013
Driver School Candidate

You could try www.gspeedcorp.com there front clips are around $1800 they have a few available..
Old 01-12-06, 10:56 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Default I got a front clip from TX

I got a soarer front clip about 2 months ago from TX $1,600 local picked up. It came with auto. I guess when 1JZ comes with MT, a price intends to go up somehow...

it could be an another option for you that finding 2JZ-GTE instead. You would need to have a modification on driving shaft, though...hmm..trans..

Quick Reply: how much do front clip usually run for these days?