Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte swap info/pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 02:15 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte swap info/pricing

2900$ a good price for this? Would the be everythign i need to swap into my 95SC300?

Used Imported JDM 2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo Toyota Supra 94+ Auto Tranny, Wiring Harness & ECU

Your Swap Includes The Following:

Block, Twin Turbo, Intake Manifold , Complete Head, Sensors, exhaust Manifold, Fuel Rail, Injectors, Throttle Body, Power Steering Pump, Wiring Harness, ECU & Auto Tranny

The engine has been imported directly from Japan and the mileage on the engine is between 20 to 35 thousand miles.

The engine comes with a 100% full start-up warranty on Block only!

theres also this one which is 1900$ not sure if that includes everything??

DIRECTLY IMPORTED FROM JAPAN W/30K-60K MILES AVERAGE.

JDM TOYOTA SUPRA ENGINE ( 3.0 TWIN TURBO ) / AUTO MATIC TRANSMISSION / ECU ( AUTO ) - 2JZGTE (PLEASE USE OUR LONG BLOCK ONLY)

30 DAYS WARRANTY ON USED LONG BLOCK. NO WARRANTY ON SENSORS/TURBO/LABOR/EXPENSES/SHIPPING.
Old 12-21-05, 04:30 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats about the going rate...

i'm assuming its out of an aristo

if so... you're going to need an oil pan from a SC or supra
Old 12-21-05, 07:38 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not bad, I paid 5k for a complete longblock (everything including turbos), harness, ecu, 6 spd Getrag tranny, rear end, sway bars front and rear, front calipers, performance exhaust...Oh, and mine is US spec so its smog legal...stock
Old 12-21-05, 08:40 PM
TeamDX
Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
not bad, I paid 5k for a complete longblock (everything including turbos), harness, ecu, 6 spd Getrag tranny, rear end, sway bars front and rear, front calipers, performance exhaust...Oh, and mine is US spec so its smog legal...stock
As others will be replying with, that is a deal of a lifetime. That same setup is value'd at over 7500 Easily. What you got is NOT the norm.
Old 12-21-05, 09:30 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

well i havent got it yet. i saw it online aution site. was thinkin about getting it.
Old 12-22-05, 08:13 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG yea ... 5k for all that?
Old 12-22-05, 03:41 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ummagawd
OMG yea ... 5k for all that?
Actual price was 5050 plus 400 for shipping so total was $5450. He kept asking, "you want anything else off the car?" So I kept adding stuff...haha
Old 12-22-05, 04:05 PM
YZFR1
Driver

Are you sure it's not a scam???
Old 12-22-05, 05:21 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YZFR1
Are you sure it's not a scam???
I'll do a writeup on the swap and you can answer that for me. The car goes in for the swap after the paint and body.
Old 12-22-05, 08:00 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDX
As others will be replying with, that is a deal of a lifetime. That same setup is value'd at over 7500 Easily. What you got is NOT the norm.
yep, thats why he posted it. he ripped the SELLER off !! thats funny.

Din, make sure these places are reputible & can back it up if theres a problem.
theres a lot of jdm importers now-a-days, check out their sites. you can tell the good from the bad.
Old 07-25-06, 04:37 PM
sao1
Rookie

I got mine from www.osakajdmmotors.com. I got the longblock and the complete swap for 1850$ shipped from Canada. It came with a broken rear turbocharger though, and Osaka and the shipping company aren't claiming none of them broke the turbo. So the process of getting the turbo replaced is taking 2 months and counting. I end up buying used twins from someone else to complete my project for a buddy.

If they can get their customer service taken care of, they would be in more business.
Old 07-25-06, 07:34 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sao1
I got mine from www.osakajdmmotors.com. I got the longblock and the complete swap for 1850$ shipped from Canada. It came with a broken rear turbocharger though, and Osaka and the shipping company aren't claiming none of them broke the turbo. So the process of getting the turbo replaced is taking 2 months and counting. I end up buying used twins from someone else to complete my project for a buddy.

If they can get their customer service taken care of, they would be in more business.
holy. That was a complete JDM 2JZGTE with tranny and harness? aristo?
Old 07-26-06, 07:39 AM
sao1
Rookie

It was for the comlete swap. It included the motor, auto tranny, wiring harness, ecu, turbos, and all sensor on long block for 1850$ shipped. It came out of an Aristo.

It started out orignal price was like 2200$ shipped,and i kept on calling and everytime i called, someone else answered and gives me a lower price. It seems like the more i called, the lower the price got, until it stopped at 1850$, and then i made the order

Try it out
Old 07-26-06, 03:37 PM
RS3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sao1
It was for the comlete swap. It included the motor, auto tranny, wiring harness, ecu, turbos, and all sensor on long block for 1850$ shipped. It came out of an Aristo.

It started out orignal price was like 2200$ shipped,and i kept on calling and everytime i called, someone else answered and gives me a lower price. It seems like the more i called, the lower the price got, until it stopped at 1850$, and then i made the order

Try it out
What did the USDM conversion parts cost you? Why does a broken turbo matter when people typically install USDM pieces or upgrade to something bigger? It seems like any money saved by finding an inexpensive JDM setup is more than outweighed by the cost to convert it to US spec (bigger injectors, etc) and even then you still have an engine of unknown mileage. What's the draw?

Cheers,
Old 07-26-06, 03:46 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

I have pretty much all the USDM conversion parts and ive spend around $1800-3000. Im not quite sure.. They are fairly cheap by themselves, but when you add them up its scary.

I bascially have everything except the motor.

Quick Reply: 2jzgte swap info/pricing