Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What the HELL are these fleabay auctions about?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 01:08 AM
deruvian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What the HELL are these fleabay auctions about?!

Take a look at the prices on the following.

- "T61" turbo
- Header + pipings

I'm curious about the legitimacy of these auctions. I mean, a turbo for $200... At these prices, why don't we all have NA-T conversions? I'm not asking about these for my own personal purposes, but mainly for the community. I'd hate to see people get screwed by a two-faced seller (although his history looks pretty clean).

I mean, I wasn't planning on doing a NA-T conversion until the spring/summer, but at those prices I will f-ing start tomorrow.

"Compare this setup to any other 2JZ-GE kit and we will beat it like a red-headed stepchild."

Anyone have any clue about this seller's aptitude?

EDIT: Seller also has a website, XS-Power

Last edited by deruvian; 09-11-05 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-11-05, 04:00 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by deruvian
Take a look at the prices on the following.

- "T61" turbo
- Header + pipings

I'm curious about the legitimacy of these auctions. I mean, a turbo for $200... At these prices, why don't we all have NA-T conversions? I'm not asking about these for my own personal purposes, but mainly for the community. I'd hate to see people get screwed by a two-faced seller (although his history looks pretty clean).

I mean, I wasn't planning on doing a NA-T conversion until the spring/summer, but at those prices I will f-ing start tomorrow.

"Compare this setup to any other 2JZ-GE kit and we will beat it like a red-headed stepchild."

Anyone have any clue about this seller's aptitude?

EDIT: Seller also has a website, XS-Power
One thing id pay very close attention is to feedback, with feedback like that.. I would not be worried about it.

Now the product itself... well that one who knows.
Old 09-11-05, 05:02 AM
shaman
Rookie

Heard bad things about the turbos, there is a thread about the manifold on Supraforums I think.
Old 09-11-05, 05:18 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

i've heard good and bad things about the manifold. when i had my 240 couple guys said the manifold was some ***t but others said it was cool. from what i was reading the 2jz manifolds were made stronger and better than those for the sr20 but who knows. it seems a lot of interest is going into making turbo kits for the 2jzge now.
Old 09-11-05, 08:45 AM
nasc300
Lead Lap

2JZ manifold are fine. I know of 5 manifolds that are being used, all at least for 8 months or more without issues.
The turbo is another thing I do not know if they are any good

Last edited by nasc300; 09-11-05 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-11-05, 10:21 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking of doing the 1jz swap.... But if these products work..Then NA-T is definately the way to go. Has anyone bought and installed an entire kit from SSCHROME?
Old 09-11-05, 10:24 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SS-Autochrome make terrible turbos, there are tons and tons of bad reviews on Supraforums. Also, yea its $200 now, but shes still got 5 days left
Old 09-11-05, 11:33 AM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

Xs-power = ssautochrome. The turbos ARE glued together and have been know to split in half sending metal pieces into the engine and messing stuff up. Their warranties are crap and almost never backed up. You most likely will not even get a reply after purchase either. I have purchased from them and know of others that have too so im not talking out my ***. There's a reason why the stuff is so cheap.

Edit: pics to back up what im saying.

Last edited by Mikethe1st; 09-11-05 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-11-05, 12:16 PM
vinnygamz
Driver School Candidate

The turbos do suck, but the rest of the kit is pretty solid. My father is finishing up his sc300 2jz-gte 6 speed swap. He is using all SS-Autochrome parts, using their 70mm turbo but really had to do somework on the turbo to make it work. My brother used all of their parts except the turbo(adamgamz on supraforums) and put down 680whp with stock head and Map ECU. I get pics up once my dad is done.
Old 09-11-05, 02:19 PM
deruvian
Driver

Originally Posted by /Aerostar\
SS-Autochrome make terrible turbos, there are tons and tons of bad reviews on Supraforums. Also, yea its $200 now, but shes still got 5 days left
That is just one of many T61 turbos for sale. I just watched one end earlier today, and it's final price was $199.

Glad to see a couple pictures of the broken turbo housing. That obviously speaks for itself.

In the last picture, is that a hole in the manifold that I'm seeing? That's pathetic.
Old 09-11-05, 02:59 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Holy ****! You litterally meant they were held by glue! holy ****ing ****! That is unbelievable! Wow... I guess I take back what I said!
Old 09-11-05, 05:23 PM
Junk
Rookie

the pic with the manifold with the whole has alot of issues. first, that car has had a leak there for a long time. look at all the buildup of exhaust carbon around the area.. that car was also running lean i bet making it even hotter. if the bumbass did not fix the leak when it started i bet that would not have happend to that extreme.
Old 09-11-05, 06:52 PM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

Other issues I had were that the head flange did not sit good against the head. I went through 2 gaskets before I figured out that the flange was not flat. I took it to a machine shop where they showed me it was warped about 1/8 inch. Its was 1/2" stainless steel and i don't know if it came warped or if it warped after use. The manifold braces also sheared after about a week. If anybody does get a manifold from them I HIGHLY recommend a downpipe with a flexible section to kepp it from cracking. Any extra turbo bracing is a plus too.
Old 09-12-05, 12:01 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't even know where to start.

1) Aerostar, get back on SupraForums -- AdamGamz made 700 rwhp with ebay parts (different turbo, as stated before).
2) Yeah, the turbo proably is crap, but the manifold with a bit of welding has been shown to hold up alright. (OneLove, AdamGamz and others over there have the 2JZ-GTE manifold)

notice the way that manifold is setup -- that's completely different from the setup the 2JZ uses -- the turbo is mounted below rather than ontop.

a small word of advice: do a search over on SF on ebay parts -- you'll find that many SF members have used ebay parts with great sucess. For example: the FMIC kit for around $600 -- it's a greddy 3/4 row look-alike.

Vinny: great to have you onboard -- I can't wait to see what you're old man's got cooking

John
Old 09-13-05, 10:33 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
I don't even know where to start.

1) Aerostar, get back on SupraForums -- AdamGamz made 700 rwhp with ebay parts (different turbo, as stated before).
2) Yeah, the turbo proably is crap, but the manifold with a bit of welding has been shown to hold up alright. (OneLove, AdamGamz and others over there have the 2JZ-GTE manifold)

notice the way that manifold is setup -- that's completely different from the setup the 2JZ uses -- the turbo is mounted below rather than ontop.

a small word of advice: do a search over on SF on ebay parts -- you'll find that many SF members have used ebay parts with great sucess. For example: the FMIC kit for around $600 -- it's a greddy 3/4 row look-alike.

Vinny: great to have you onboard -- I can't wait to see what you're old man's got cooking

John
Thanks for saving me the trouble of replying

Thats a manifold pic of a honda. The SF boys are having no trouble with these and there are now people on clubna-t getting the GE kits and trying them out. So far, no complaints. I cant comment on the turbos... other than the "T61" turbo they keep showing isnt a T61 and its running a ridiculous exhaust-side A/R