Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My Na-t set up...part list and search..so it begins=)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-05, 06:18 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Na-t set up...part list and search..so it begins=)

I am getting impatient about getting my car to finally arrived here on thurs. so for the mean time, i have either been browsing the forum, buying parts to put on it, planning out my na-t kit. So here it goes. I would love any suggestion or input on this list. Thanks in advance guys.

-manifold $370
-turbo (toyomoto t04e) $300
-downpipe $50
-midpipe $30
-oil lines $100
-fuel pump $100
-fmic $500
-bov $100
-intake pipe/filter $100
-safc $already got it
-wastegate dump tube and wastegate $150
-3inch custom catback system $300
-550cc injectors??
-headgasket??
-arp head studs??

Well, I can be happy with any results really. But i know basic kit is 330hp and I can be happy with that, but if i still have more money to spend within budget, I would love to upgrade. Am I missing anything else? suggestions on parts? where to get? price? So yea guys if you are or know someone selling these parts to help me get it started, please let me know. Im trying to put my own kit together so I can maybe save some money. We'll see how it goes. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Last edited by happypanda; 07-13-05 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-12-05, 06:44 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

contact daveh at davesupra@aol.com, tell him Gazi sent ya!

best budget kit around!
Old 07-12-05, 07:58 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

putting together doesn't mean you'll save money...you'll probably end up spending more money. if you're on a budget get the daveH kit. if you want more quality go with boostlogic. your turbo depends on what you want to do with the car so that's up to you. also how much power are you looking for? i have 525cc injectors that are brand new if you need them
Old 07-12-05, 08:01 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

im just really wanting boost for my sc...i dont care if its the most basic kit which is still around 330hp..ill be happy with that..im trying to do the full kit for 3k and under..we'll see how it goes..if anything, i might be able to get a deal from a friend for the 2jz full complete swap..so we'll see how it goes..
Old 07-12-05, 08:03 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by happypanda
im just really wanting boost for my sc...i dont care if its the most basic kit which is still around 330hp..ill be happy with that..im trying to do the full kit for 3k and under..we'll see how it goes..if anything, i might be able to get a deal from a friend for the 2jz full complete swap..so we'll see how it goes..
basic kit doesn't mean cheaper. full kit for under 3k is very unlikely and you will not make 330hp just on a basic kit alone.
Old 07-12-05, 08:18 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

i think i got some injectors already. thanks tho
Old 07-12-05, 08:44 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

maybe a clutch...
Old 07-12-05, 09:54 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did someone say they needed NA-T parts???? and in orlando to boot. pm me, ill shoot you my phone number.
Old 07-12-05, 09:56 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by happypanda
I am getting impatient about getting my car to finally arrived here on thurs. so for the mean time, i have either been browsing the forum, buying parts to put on it, planning out my na-t kit. So here it goes. I would love any suggestion or input on this list. Thanks in advance guys.

-manifold
-turbo (not sure what to get yet, suggestions please)
-downpipe
-midpipe
-oil lines
-fuel pump
-fmic
-bov
-intake pipe/filter
-safc
-wastegate dump tube and wastegate
-3inch custom catback system
-550cc injectors??
-headgasket??
-arp head studs??

Well, I can be happy with any results really. But i know basic kit is 330hp and I can be happy with that, but if i still have more money to spend within budget, I would love to upgrade. Am I missing anything else? suggestions on parts? where to get? price? So yea guys if you are or know someone selling these parts to help me get it started, please let me know. Im trying to put my own kit together so I can maybe save some money. We'll see how it goes. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
no point in a headgasket or headstud upgrade if you're just looking at something under 400hp at the crank.. can run low boost and still make that kind of power EASY

turbo suggestions:
~400-450 crank hp on stock compression: T04E variety (like a 57 or 60 trim)
500-550 crank hp with upgraded headgasket and more boost: 60-1 or 62-1
650-700 crank hp with all the goodies (but still good power at low boost): T61 <<------ my suggestion
GT40R if you've got the cash

the biggest thing about higher quality craftmanship is the less hassle of installing it, keeping it maintained and in good shape, and driveability for applicable parts

Your typical DaveH style manifold wont touch the power a equal-length header is going to make (like what you get in a BL kit)
honestly, I'd spend the extra cash and get a BL kit if you're looking at $3k for a pieced together kit
or do a 1jz swap for under $2k

GO 1JZ!!!!

I've done 3 turbokits before... two on my car and one on a friend's car... trust me in what I say... driveability makes all the difference in the world. You'll wish you had the higher quality when the time comes... if its not in your budget, then its not in your budget... but look long and hard at it

Last edited by Bean; 07-12-05 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-12-05, 10:20 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

dont discourage him bean. lol. i have everything he needs... well, what i dont have, i know who does. all good stuff and affordable.
Old 07-12-05, 10:34 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

thanks for your input and suggestions guys...thats why i asked to begin with..well i will be getting good quality parts just doing my own piping like fmic/kit..dp..exhaust system. I gave some more thought into this and talked to some people. I will be doing a na-t kit if a 2jz swap wont work for me, then after that, will look into 1jz..and last resort is na-t kit...so I guess ill give it some more thought and decide on what I want do it when the time comes. I do appreciate all you guys input tho.

btw...ki soarer..hit me up..i want to see what you got and go on from there...thanks bro
Old 07-13-05, 10:22 AM
happypanda
Lead Lap

i got most of the parts sorted out and it seems to be working out great...check the updated post..i posted the parts i have already and the prices im spending on it..ill be doing my custom piping for exhaust catback and fmic piping. to that should shave some money off. but over all right now it seems like i will be able to put a kit together for $2500..might even have money for injectors and hg ...we'll see how it goes...am i missing anything else?
Old 07-13-05, 11:39 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

we'll go for a ride in my 1jz this weekend
Old 07-13-05, 12:33 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

hehe..i would love too.but will have to wait till next weekend...ill be out of town this weekend..
Old 07-14-05, 02:45 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

I ahh... could be wrong, but your stock clutch may not like 300+ rwhp so much.

but it appears I'm just in the peanut gallery.

Quick Reply: My Na-t set up...part list and search..so it begins=)