Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just joined the 1JZGTE club

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-05, 10:02 AM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far we both are putting the exact same money into our cars. I bought my 92 SC for $4000, and I'm getting a complete swap for $900-1000... after I buy rims my total will hopefully be under $6,000.
Old 06-04-05, 10:06 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

My Dad is bigger then your Dad !
Old 06-04-05, 10:16 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

so you're saying the 1jz is just as capable as a 2jz? If that's so true, why did they upgrade to the 2jz? How come in all of my "soarer" magazines or option mags and videos that I have, all the soarer have upgraded to 2jz's?

And if we put a bone stock 2jz in a car and a bone stock 1jz in a car and mod them exactly the same they will turn out to have similar hp figures? I highly doubt it.

I'd like to see a 1jz with cowboy bebops mods make the 850whp he did last sat on pump gas and 21 psi on his sp88. YES on pump gas (with meth).
Old 06-04-05, 10:23 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DETUNED
If that's so true, why did they upgrade to the 2jz? How come in all of my "soarer" magazines or option mags and videos that I have, all the soarer have upgraded to 2jz's?

The reason is simple and clear..... because it has .5L more.
Old 06-04-05, 10:58 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

who the F cares. Would I have gone 2jz if had te extra money. Prolly. But im happy with what i got and I will eventually go do a 1.5jz. WHY, no replacement for displacement. Are there stock block 1000hp 1jzs. Yeah but not as many 2jzs. Why do lots of Soarers upgrade to a 2jz, same setup yeilds more power because of displacement. Who cares, who cares, who cares.
Old 06-04-05, 03:54 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

If i want a 2JZGTE i woulda bought a supra. I love soarers, and soarers came with the 1j so thats what im putting in my car. Its that simple. I want the car to be as close to one as i can get.
Old 06-04-05, 05:34 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

again, i'm not hating on the 1jz, just pointing out that what someone said about mod for mod, they WONT make the same power.

I had a 1jz before the 2jz swap but since I got a deal on the 2j, why not?

*I just realized you're that cocky bastard on orlandoforums who was telling my buddy to drop his price 2k for his car.

I'm asking 22K for mine, should I drop 2 off of that price? oh yeah, it's a 92 as well.

Maybe if you knew the condition of his car, the year, mileage etc, you would understand why he's asking 11K.

Last edited by DETUNED; 06-04-05 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-04-05, 07:00 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

name calling wont do you any good bro
all that's gonna do is get your a$$ and this thread

behave like men or take it to orlandoforums

all you gonna achieve is a smackdown from above

Last edited by vredniykot; 06-04-05 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-04-05, 08:41 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is ki_soarer typing.... easy peter. just ignore him. and dont ban peter, he is valuable to this forum... he is just mad.
Old 06-05-05, 01:05 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D1GP
1JZGTE engine is 1200, the complete swap is more! you gotta think about the labor and all the other crap that goes with it.!!!
There is no labor if he does the work himself... though I doubt half the kids on this forum are able to do a motorswap, let alone change their oil

Thats all he really needs pretty much; the 1jz downpipe bolts directly to the stock SC300 exhaust system, the wiring harness needing only an extension, plugs right into the stock SC300 plugs....

as for the 1jz vs 2jz... JDM motor vs JDM motor I think they make about the same power; but of course the 2jz with its sequential setup and more displacement will have a torquier powerband

now.... with the same turbo(s) I dont see the 2jz making anymore power than the 1jz... why? 1jz makes more of its power up top... yes its peakier, but if you cant make the power by just displacement, you get a turbo/cams combination that can rev higher and make the power up there... (which the 1jz does)...
same reason why the RB26 for the most part when modded to hell and back can hang right with the 2jz (for the most part now)... its about the revability of these motors... the 2jz just isnt as efficient (and reliable) to make power up high like that...
i've seen several RB26s running to 13k rpm redlines... I've never seen a 2jz go over 10 or 11...
sure they may not need to to make the same power levels, but i think someone would have tried to make a higher revving 2jz by now... the longer stroke just isnt as ideal as the 1jz for a higher revving motor

we're all speaking on relative terms here, the 2jz can still be made to rev and make lots of power up top; just not like a 1jz... and thats the point we try to make

the 1jz can do everything the 2jz can, its powerband is just shifted upwards

Last edited by Bean; 06-05-05 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-05-05, 08:25 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean
There is no labor if he does the work himself... though I doubt half the kids on this forum are able to do a motorswap, let alone change their oil

Thats all he really needs pretty much; the 1jz downpipe bolts directly to the stock SC300 exhaust system, the wiring harness needing only an extension, plugs right into the stock SC300 plugs....

as for the 1jz vs 2jz... JDM motor vs JDM motor I think they make about the same power; but of course the 2jz with its sequential setup and more displacement will have a torquier powerband

now.... with the same turbo(s) I dont see the 2jz making anymore power than the 1jz... why? 1jz makes more of its power up top... yes its peakier, but if you cant make the power by just displacement, you get a turbo/cams combination that can rev higher and make the power up there... (which the 1jz does)...
same reason why the RB26 for the most part when modded to hell and back can hang right with the 2jz (for the most part now)... its about the revability of these motors... the 2jz just isnt as efficient (and reliable) to make power up high like that...
i've seen several RB26s running to 13k rpm redlines... I've never seen a 2jz go over 10 or 11...
sure they may not need to to make the same power levels, but i think someone would have tried to make a higher revving 2jz by now... the longer stroke just isnt as ideal as the 1jz for a higher revving motor

we're all speaking on relative terms here, the 2jz can still be made to rev and make lots of power up top; just not like a 1jz... and thats the point we try to make

the 1jz can do everything the 2jz can, its powerband is just shifted upwards
Keep on dreaming.

Chris
Old 06-05-05, 09:31 PM
JohnnyB822
Pole Position

who cares about weather a 1j or 2j is better just be glad for him tha he got the motor and tha he is going to be boosting soon. so what does it really matter. i would rather go 2j but i will more than likly go 1j because it is more practical to me due to funds $$$$$$$$$
Old 06-05-05, 09:59 PM
RADSC
Driver

Default 1jz

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...3&page=1&pp=25

1jz stock internals
with twin k26 turbos.
Old 06-05-05, 10:54 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Keep on dreaming.

Chris
Not dreaming; its simple engine mechanics, bro... if it doesnt make sense to you; then you've still got more to learn young grasshopper...
the facts are out there on paper and in practice

only differences between 1jz and 2jz blocks:
cranks are different, deck height is different...
thats it.. .same pistons, same rods, blah blah...

No big 1jzs over here because no one ever got into them; those with the money opted for the easier to get 2jz...
Old 06-05-05, 11:01 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RADSC
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...3&page=1&pp=25

1jz stock internals
with twin k26 turbos.
WOW lol
I dont know a thing about KKK turbos... K26s come on some Porche 911s right? i'd like to see a dyno of that motor...

9.4 at 146mph is REALLY moving

Quick Reply: Just joined the 1JZGTE club